Has anyone ever taken their child/children to a concert??

If so, what age were they and what kind of music was it and how did they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I took my first baby to see Reba. It was an outdoor concert so we could sit where we wanted. I just made sure to sit far away from the speakers. He did fine.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:13 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My son (now almost 11) saw KISS ~ in full makeup (both them & us) ~ twice before he was 5 years old. The 2nd time, we were 5th row.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:13 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Sorry, I should have said he was four weeks.
    Nathskitten

• Never an adult concert...he's been to see kid bands like Laurie Berkner in concert.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

• First one was Aaron Carter when he was7 or 8, then Motley Crue at 12 an outside concert so as to get at least a little fresh air, then I took him and 3 friends to Cruefest last summer also outside. This year he went with his friends (now 16) to Disturbed (Music as a Weapon 4) and we are hoping to go see AC/DC this summer.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• We took our son to a heavy metal festival. I know a few people wouldn't be too big on that, but we were away from the speakers. He was about 8 months old and he fell asleep in the snugli my husband had him in. We had an awesome time. In August we're going to see Dave Matthews. He'll be like, 16 months. We're getting lawn seats and taking a picnic...and plenty of sun screen. I can't wait! I think its awesome to expose children to the arts and stuff like that as soon as possible!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 9:28 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My son was 5 when we took him to Country Thunder to see Faith Hill and Tim Mc Graw, among other artisits.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:46 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Hilary Duff when they were 10 and 11 ish . sesame street stuff before that. last year Kid Rock!!!
    and now they go and see metro station and Plain white T's. Fall out Boy. sometimes we let them go alone. they are 13 and 15 now. We did take them to an outdoor David Lee Roth when we got free tickets....MISTAKE!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:47 PM on May. 11, 2009