Help with rent

I lost my job a couple weeks ago and I have no money left. I've been filling out tons of applications everyday and still haven't been hired. I did have 2 interviews for Caregiver positions today though! Anyway I've always had a steady job and have been independent. I'm to my breakdown point now, I need help! I've had a yard sale, sold things on craigslist .. still not enough money. Not only is my rent due but my electric bill is late, car payment is due next week, not to mention some credit card bills. There is no way I'd get approved for a loan, my credit wasn't great before now I know it's bad. I've tried contacting my caseworker (she's away for 2 weeks) and left messages with other people at the Department of Health and Human Services..no ones called back! I live in Omaha, NE .. so if anyone has been in a similar situation and can give some advice I could use some! I don't know where else to look

JAYCELINSMOMMY

Asked by JAYCELINSMOMMY at 8:11 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• check with some local churches they sometimes will help people with rent and utiliy bills. I would check online see if any other places help with these things also we have a place here that helps with that. As far as your car payment i'm not sure anyone will help with that but its possible. hope that helps
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 8:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• you could try Section 8 and see if they have any vouchers available. Your landlord might accept it.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yeah I'll try both. I found a few things online so hopefully something works out. Thanks for the help!
    JAYCELINSMOMMY

Answer by JAYCELINSMOMMY at 8:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Here is a way to make cash from online. It is FREE, no fees ever. If you work today, you get paid today! There are NO minimums to have to wait and meet. This is one thing that I like about this site..I cash out when I want so I always have money!

http://www.cashle.com/index.php?ref=uin1192002832415

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:58 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Have you tried plasma or blood banks for fast cash? What about a family member to help or talking to your landlord for an extension? Good luck = )
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 9:07 PM on May. 11, 2009

• You could waitress or bar tend; even if its just a beer bar. Ive done that plenty of times and gotten fast cash asap! Tons of restaurants out there are looking for servers.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 9:08 PM on May. 11, 2009

• First off contact you rlandlord and ask him if its alright if rent is late. Pay any late fees and send him a nice thank you if he says no biggie. There has to be a fast food place or something that is hiring even part time. Something is better than nothing. I sell stuff on ebay and do pretty well soemone mentioned a church may be willing to help try that out. But you need to take any job that is available to yuo until teh pieces come together again, no matter how miserable the job you cant just expect people to keep cutting you breaks we are all going through struggles now and tehre isnt much sympathy so why not work at mcdonalds or bartend or something until something else falls in to place
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• You better strip since you do not have any money put away.Ypu should always have money in case of a rainy day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Ya know, not everyone can afford to put money back for a rainy day, that does not mean they need to go strip!
    lisakay32

Answer by lisakay32 at 5:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Have you filed for unemployment compensation? You should be eligible for at least 26 weeks. I do job search and career coaching in Chicago, please contact me for help with your resume, cover letters and job search strategy. And ignore the mean cowards who post anonymously
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on May. 12, 2009