What to wear for maternity portraits?

Just trying to get some ideas of what to wear for our maternity portraits. It will be me my husband and 2 year old son. any ideas? Thanks!!

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 8:18 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No mu-mus, ok?
    Anonymous

• Well since your trying to capture your stomach you might want to wear something more fitted that shows off the bump and that you can easily slide up without a mountain of fabric swallowing your top half. I think t shirts and jeans are so cute. Does the photographer have a website or blog that features the maternity photos? Check and see what others have done and get ideas that way.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:22 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I took some really great ones in black and white with just a white tank top and pants showing my tummy and another one with nothing but a sheet covering my boobs...that pic is on my page if you want to see it....they came out really nice.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:23 PM on May. 11, 2009

• First all wear the same color...perhaps white? I love to see pregnant women with strapless dresses, so maybe you can wear that and your dh and son wear polo type shirts...the same kind.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:23 PM on May. 11, 2009

• As a photographer, I get a lot of women for maternity shoots. I ALWAYS suggest a white summer dress. Something cute that can show off the tummy, yet show up beautifully on a black background! Hope it helps! :-)
    mama_kayla

Answer by mama_kayla at 8:39 PM on May. 11, 2009

• When I had mine, I wore a cotton dress. I got some wonderful back-lit profile ones where the photographer clipped my dress at one side so it was smooth against my belly. If you can change your clothes halfway though, maybe get something just pretty and flattering for regular shots and something form fitting for some back-lit ones. The back-lit ones are just an awesome pregnant silhouette. They are definitely my favorites.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:25 PM on May. 11, 2009

• She said these were family shots guys...my hubby and I took one together and were both nude from the waist up. The photographer took very classy, sensual photos. This year were doing family shots with our now six year old. We plan on wearing all white on the beach...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 AM on May. 12, 2009