Car rentals with infant car seats??

Has anyone ever used a car seat from a car rental place? Are they crap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they are but I was required to use their's when they ask if there was a child going in the car. I had to pay extra too.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:23 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would NEVER use a car seat from any rental place or even buy a used car seat. I'm surprised that they are even allowed to do that. Just bring your own.
    Anonymous

• I would bring my own they charge for that. But if you can't I think that the baby will survive.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'd never trust my daughter's life to some random people. Both the people who used the carseat before us and the people who work/own the rental company. Bring your own seat.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'd never use one. You have NO idea of the true history of the carseat, no matter what they say.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• BAD idea...heres a check list
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/usedseat.aspx
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Thank you for the reponses. I am really leary of using one, but I thought it would be easier than trying to 'check' my carseat at the airport.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't check the carseat either. I was going to do that but then someone pointed out you don't know if they are throwing it or something.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:17 PM on May. 12, 2009