upper back pain

ok, i'm going in to have this baby on the 21st, so only a little over a week left. but for the last 2 weeks kinda in the middle but underneath my right shoulder blade, has been this horrible nagging pain every single day. at first thought it was my bra so i got an extender, still there so i don't know what the heck it is, and my husband is deployed so i can't ask him to massage it for me. and i don't remember this at all with my first, any tips/ideas from other ladies to help it out a bit so its not all day every day? it doesn't make a diff what i'm doing, sitting, standing, chasing my daughter all the time its there.

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 8:44 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It might be your gall bladder - I had a sharp pain in the high/middle/right part of my back and did some research and I think it's a gall bladder issue. Is it constant or does it just come after meals or in the evening? You might want to check into that, I guess if your gall bladder isn't working right and you are pregnant it makes the problem worse...
    I'm due anyday too! Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• When you say you changed your bras, do they offer good support? You could also try, when showering, turn the shower head on good and steamy, with full stream, and let it massage that one area for a few minutes. I do this with my lower back about 30 minutes after I take two extra strength tylenols. Also check with your local pharmacist and doctor for advice.

RMSA3.png picture by RMSAAdmin

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 8:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• ya the bra is supportive, and most of the time i wear a sports bra anyways b/c they are more comfortable and offer better support, that and it stretches better so right now gaining a pound a week i need it to stretch a bit. its pretty much constant but throughout the day is bearable, by the end of the day i can't get comfortable at all no matter how many pillows are behind my back or where i'm sitting, or what i sit on. i've tried the couch, the floor, laying down with pillows behind my back, and straight back chairs none of those help it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:51 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It could possibly be your gall bladder. If you are having any stomach pain along w/ the back pain, I would bet thats what it is. But it may be different for everyone. Thats all I can think of.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 9:46 PM on May. 11, 2009