at what age is it ok to take baby out in public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is okay at any age. it is good to get their immune systems built up. the only way to get them built up is to get them used to germs. i always carried anti bacterial wipes with me and never let strangers touch or breathe in my babies face.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:51 PM on May. 11, 2009

• but would u say to wait till their a month old or is a couple of weeks ok?
    Anonymous

• The sooner the better for the baby. The baby will be fine start by going for walks and take it slow. My daughter was in walmart by the time she was a week old..
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:58 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I never wait. I usually take them out by a week.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:03 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I never waited with any of my 3 children, as soon as I was ready to go out, so where they..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:07 PM on May. 11, 2009

• if you birthed your baby in a hospital they have already been in one of the dirtiest places on earth.... so day one.....
    but really if you are breast feeding your baby has immunity from you so enjoy the day out ASAP if you are formula feeding I'd wait until after a few rounds of immunizations and a few home visitors to build their immunity
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:28 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Heh. I was that mom that left the hospital in was in the mall the next day... of course I had just been couped up for a month because I was so heavy my joints hurt any time I walked or stood, so by that point I just wanted out of the house!

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I went out after 4 days. Went and got some grocerys and stuff.
    at 6 days we went for a walk downtown and got coffee. It was great to get out and walk around, breath some air, and show off my baby!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:02 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I only took my babies to their 1st appt and then after that I waited about a month. I breastfed all 3 and still waited.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 10:10 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I started taking both of mine out at about a week old. I just kept the carseat covered with a light blanket so no one would mess with them, and frequently told people that didn't get the hint to back off. I was called a *itch several times by people that thought it was their right to play with, hold, kiss what ever, any new baby they saw. I brushed it off, and ignored them.
    They've been exposed to plenty of germs and very rarely get sick now.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:31 PM on May. 11, 2009