Migraine advice please!

I have a TERRIBLE migraine. My husband is out to sea and my three year old is being very demanding. I already took a vicodin which made me nauseous but did nothing for the pain. I feel like my head is going to explode, any advice? Any home remedies?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 8:52 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• see if someone can go out and buy you some Excedrin Migraine. it works for me but I have mild migraines.
    if that doesn't work you can take a warm/hot bath and relax for a little while. (just keep door open so you can still here your LO) light a couple of candles for light, turn you big light off. if that doesn't work
    put a very wet wash rag in the freezer. wait about 15 minutes then get it out and lay on the sofa or your bed in the dark and lay the rag across your forehead and eyes. or you can use a baggie of ice.

i hope you get relief soon. also try to get some sleep
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I always use Excedrin Migraine & Excedrin tension
    take one of each & your migraine will be gone in about 15 min. Good Luck Hope you feel better .
    Anonymous

• Take 2 excedrin Migraine and 800 mgs of motrin along with a nice hot bath with a candle lit..Or maybe just take one Excedrin Migraine and motrin since there is a lot of caffeine in it. Vicodin always makes my headaches worse. I usually take fioricet for mine.
    Anonymous

• I take two Excedrin Tension Headache and a large Mountain Dew. It has never failed me.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• if you are not pregnant 3 tablets of ibuprofen with a piece of toast and pop in a favorite movie for the little one and pray s/hell watch and be quiet for a bit LOL
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would have to say that the opposite thing from a hot bath helps me. Cold compresses on my head and eyes. I usually makes a cold compress or ice pack and put it across my temples and over my eyes. They have these gel things that you can freeze that I really like. For me that works. I don't know it is like a shock to the system. Target sells their own brand of migraine meds that has the same ingredients as Excedrin Migraine that is worth investing in. Hope that you feel better Tori!!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I am so sorry you feel bad and your husband gone. i have found an amazing supplement that has helped people with migraines. You have to order this, so it won't help with this one, but it has been known to keep people from getting them. i just heard a lady who has suffered with migraines for 25 years say since she has been using this, she has not had a migraine in 6 months. pretty amazing stuff. message me if you want info.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 10:25 PM on May. 11, 2009

• There is a huge correlation between migraines and food. Common migraine triggers are yeast, vinegar, artificial colors and flavors, high fructose corn syrup, MSG (which has many different names) cured meats, chocolate and nuts (there are more). I suggest that you start keeping a food diary; write down what you eat and what time you eat it; note when a headache starts. You may determine that you cannot eat certain foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:57 AM on May. 12, 2009