Would you ever let another breastfeeding mom breastfeed YOUR child?

I understand the need to ensure your child's safety, so for the sake of argument, let's say it is a mom who has had and passed a blood test for any kinds of communicable diseases, and she is a clean and sober mom who does not smoke and eats healthy. Now, considering THAT, would you ever, under any circumstances, let her breastfeed your child in the event that you could not? Furthermore, would you feel comfortable breastfeeding another mom's child under these same circumstances?

MommaBear619

Asked by MommaBear619 at 8:56 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it were for a health issue Yes! another Mom could breastfeed my baby...its about the breast milk more than anything at that point. Yes! I would also breast feed another child and that would be for the health benefits not for a bonding experience. I would donate breast milk as well. I really think that its crazy how something so natural has such a negative feeling for some. I really wish our culture and just we as a people were more tolerant of others. Good question by the way!
    vycki9hse

Answer by vycki9hse at 6:47 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Hell no!
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Doesn't sound kosher. Yuck !!!
    Anonymous

• yes, i have a best friend who i would allow to breast feed my child if something happened to me and i'm sure she would want me to breast feed her child if something drastic happened to her as well. I don't know if i would allow a stranger to but if i'm close with that person and the only option was breast milk from someone else or formula, i would chose the breast milk.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:00 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If my baby was born premature or with health issues, I would accept pumped milk. I don't see the need for baby to get it directly from the source.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:00 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Hell no never. Thats why they have bottles.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was asked this when I was breastfeeding my son, we were at a friends house and she offered to keep my son if I needed a sitter, she then went on to say she would breastfeed him if he needed it. I looked at her like she had just landed from Mars.. I said no thanks, I don't leave my baby with anyone. If he can't go I can't go. If it came down to me not being able to nurse him I then would put him on formula. Thankfully I was able to nurse all 3 of our boys and they are all healthy happy kids..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes! I'd try that before I'd ever go with formula.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My child to her breast NO, nor would I do that for another child. Would I pump for another child or allow another momther to pump for mine...YES,. My son was allergic to all formulas, if for some reason I dried up then yes that is my only option. My son is 7 now, so no need to worry.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:02 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Ew no. lol When I was eight months pregnant with my son my sister had a brand new baby and she asked if I would watch her while she took a shower. I said yeah what do I do if she cries give her a boob? I was totally kidding. but she like um if you want. omg lol No no no it was a joke. I guess my mom breastfed her niece once.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:04 PM on May. 11, 2009