Question

okay i am 36 weeks and 5 days, with my 3rd child! i have been under alot of stress and i mean alot!! i went to the er last night b/c i was having pains and nothing would make it stop and they said i wasn't even dialated only 10%efaced or whatever. and i was hurting b/c she is so low and had nothing to do with stress. however i am still hurting. is it really just the baby being low or does it have something to do with stress??? i know i am going to hurt b/c i am close to the end but i don't think i should be hurting this much or as much as i am it has been for 48 hours stright and it didn't start to all my family drama started....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I strongly believe stress contributes to pain because it makes you so tense. GL with your new baby!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Stress doesn't CAUSE the pain, but it could cause the pain to feel like its worse.

When your baby is sitting low, it puts pressure on your whole pelvic region, which can be uncomfortable and/or painful. The further along you get, the bigger your baby gets, which means more pressure/pain.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:08 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Have you spoken to your OB or Midwife?

My paper that I was given in L&D when I went in for monitoring for decreased fetal movement says that if you have constant pain in your lower abdomen you need to be assed by L&D immediately!
    Anonymous