my 5 1/2 wk old normally takes 6 oz every 3 hours. Today she has been taking 1-2 oz then falling asleep for 20-30 minutes wakes up and whe wants more. This has been going on for most of the day.

Emmasmom2009

Asked by Emmasmom2009 at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep her from falling asleep. when she starts dozing off, shake the bottle and wake her up.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Maybe a growth spurt comming. Thats what my son did then it picked back up and his poops changed up too.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Just keep at it. Sounds like a growing surt to me to. Or she may just be having an off day.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:04 PM on May. 11, 2009

• DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO KEEP HER UP IF IT'S MESSING WITH HER FEET UNDRESSING HER OR TAKE THE NIPPLE AND PUSH IT AGAINST THE ROOF OF HER MOUTH...I HAD TWINS IN THE NICU AND THIS IS HOW THEY TAUGHT ME TO KEEP THEM AWAKE FOR FEEDINGS...IF NOT SHE WILL BE OFF SCEDULE..AND THAT CAN TURN INTO A MAJOR NIGHTMARE...
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 9:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Is she sick? thats how my baby was at 8 wks old when she had a bad infection and we didn't even know she was sick yet. She slept the WHOLE day except for feedings and even then she wouldn't take very much and would keep her eyes closed most of the time. I finally realized she was warm that evening at took her temp which was 104 and rushed her to the ER. She is fine now and now I know what to watch for but I didn't then....
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 2:08 PM on May. 12, 2009