When and how do you begin to wheen your child off of the bottle?

My daughter really wants nothing to do with her sippy cup - but she doesn't want anything to do with her 2nd bottle of the day. However, she will scarf down a jar food - no problem. I worry she wont' get enough formula! She only eats between 5 - 6 oz in a bottle.

osuteach06

Asked by osuteach06 at 9:12 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is almost a year old and she drinks 18 oz of formula a day. My doctor told us that she will replace food for the formula.. Why don't you call the doctor.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• MY TWIN GIRL'S WERE WEANED OFF OF THERE BOTTLES WHEN THEY WERE 11 MONTHS OLD..I STARTED GIVING THEM HALF FORMULA AND HALF MILK IT WAS ONLY 2 DAYS AND THEY WANTED STRAIGHT MILK..I HAVE ALWAYS GAVE MY KIDS 2% MILK..THERE ARE DIFFERNT TYPES OF SIPPY CUPS AND YOU'LL HAVE TO KEEP TRYING UNTIL SHE LIKE ONE..HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK!!!!
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 9:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Offer her a cup rather than the bottle 1 time a day at the same time everyday until she is used to using a cup at that meal..could be a week or so. Then add a cup to another meal until she is used to it..and so on.. Usually about 1 yr old.
    Anonymous