Going to a spa

I went to a spa today to get a manicure and pedicure. I haven't done this in many many years. It was a gift from my mom. I am in my 8th month and I went to go relax.

I got the manicure done and it was great. Then I went over to get the pedicure. A few minutes into the pedicure, a woman walks in. She was talking on her bluetooth, quite loudly about work. She was obviously a realtor. Blabbing to whomever on the phone about this and that. Then the whole time she was getting her nails done she was talking quite loudly to the manicurist, or on the phone.

Now this wasn't just a place to get a manicure and pedicure. It is also a spa. Massages, facials etc. They had nice soft classical music playing. I went there to spend a little extra money to get "the treatment".

Do you say something to the worker about this woman? Do you say something to the woman? Don't you think cell phones should not be allowed in these places?

Dvora

Asked by Dvora at 9:13 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• That is so rude. I'm shocked she'd blab away on a cell phone. I'd say something to the person working on you as she has the authority to remind the realtor to shut the hell up. Some people are awful that way.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:41 PM on May. 11, 2009

• There should deffinetly be a policy that forbids cell phones in such a place.
    JennyMommy

Answer by JennyMommy at 10:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think it's just rude. I think that you should have said something to the workers about it. If you are there to relax and enjoy yourself and you're not doing it, then you might not come back. Right? That is money lost for that spa and they need to know why. I think people with blue tooths don't realize how loudly they actually talk. Perhaps if you had said something to the worker, then next time there might be signs or something? If you go to a "more expensive" place, like The Fountain Spa by me where they have manicures/pedicures/massages/facials/etc. you are not even allowed to have your cell phone with you during treatments!
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 6:06 AM on May. 12, 2009

• it is very rude. I hate that........
    PrincessRoo

Answer by PrincessRoo at 9:39 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I would have said something to to employee and if they agreed but did nothing I would have very nicely said something to "miss Loud". Who knows the fist time. Maybe she is one of those people who just is oblivious. Sorry your day was ruined.

As well maybe you should call the place and the owner no, who knows maybe you can go back in on the salons dime and enjoy what you were looking for the fist time.
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 2:01 PM on May. 12, 2009