Any ideas....?

I was speaking with a male friend today who mentioned how relationships get so complacent and how partners need to keep the mystery and not be so predictable. He mentioned how it works to surprise your SO with unexpected gestures or actions. For example he said that when he was with his ex he woke up and the bed was covered in rose petals. Or he mentioned to make an new meal, or do something out of the ordinary. Do you ladies have any ideas for a surprise? It doesn't have to be anything big either. I know giving your SO a massage out of the blue with out him having to ask is nice. Any more ideas?

Tickledtrauma

Asked by Tickledtrauma at 9:19 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• i think all the little things go a longer way than anything

the rose petals, breakfast in bed, washing the car, a little card saying i love you, even a game of footie lol
    it makes the best even better
    ayrshire-lass

Answer by ayrshire-lass at 9:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Sometimes I suggest he do something with a friend for an afternoon and get away for a bit.
    twinmom5253

Answer by twinmom5253 at 9:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Give him a half birthday gift.

Example: If his birthday is in December, give him a half birthday gift in June.

Anonymous

• Suprise him when he is in the shower and sneek in and give him a back rub. I do that with my hubby. And one night make a dinner that you know he loves but dont get very often.Just a randome gift is always nice 2.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Send him random texts. Such as "i want you" or "i can't wait to see you">

And introduce me to your friend. Lol.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Sexy Suprises I think.. Take some sexy pictures and send them to his phone and hide them random places he will find them like in his car, briefcase, sock drawer, etc
    goose23

Answer by goose23 at 9:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Simple things work for men in my experience. They're not too emotional so the cards and letters are nice of you to write/buy but do they really read them?
    My hubby is happy when I do things out of the ordinary like actually make it to the drawer with his socks and undies and clothes in the closet, when I wake up before him and have coffee ready, let him have the remote once in a while... little things he's just not used to me doing very often. Okay I was being kinda funny on those (except the remote, he does like it when we let him watch what he wants sometimes).
    I think they'd like it if we'd do things they like to do sometimes just because we know they like it even tho we don't... like fishing, going 4-wheelin', races, rodeo's etc.. to think about what they like to do once in a while.
    I don't see my hubby liking waking up with rose petals or me bringing him flowers.. or mushy cards/letters. But he likes simple things.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:39 PM on May. 11, 2009

• if he likes coffee buy him a mug with his fav team or a funny lovy-dovy joke or pic on it..leave it next to the bed and wake him up with the smell of fresh brewed coffee. if he likes watching sports sit and watch it with him and pretend to be really interseted. Just don't ask too many questions unless he likes too answer. If he hits the gym a lot..get him some nice workout clothes to motivate him and compliment him on his huge muscles ; ) All of this has worked for me...but nothing more than... surprising him all dressed up in sexy clothing when he comes home after a long day. plus you get to go shopping!
    mother.of2

Answer by mother.of2 at 11:47 PM on May. 11, 2009