Formula and sippy cups??!

My little girl will be 8 months in less than 2 weeks. She is fighting to take a noon bottle...should i put her formula in a sippy cup and try it that way? Or skip the bottle and give her jar foods at lunch with a little formula?! What should I do?!

osuteach06

Asked by osuteach06 at 9:20 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my boys were all eating baby jar food at 5 months.
    they had food and a 4oz btle at breakfast
    a 9oz at lunch
    food and a 4oz btle at diner and a 9 oz b4 bed

i think she should move on
    ayrshire-lass

Answer by ayrshire-lass at 9:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Jar food and a little bottle is best. If she will not have anything to do with the bottle then give her a sippy cup..
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My son got mostly formula until he was almost a year...but looking back I wish I had given him more jar foods and then table foods because it would have worked out to be SO much cheaper!! If she's not into the bottle, there's nothing wrong with the sippy cup. As long as she's getting enough nutrients, she should be ok with less formula. Talk to your pedi about it to make sure she gets enough to eat and shes getting enough of the right stuff.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 9:43 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I give my son a bottle of formula when he wakes up for breakfast, babyfood at lunch with a sippy cup of formula, babyfood at dinner with a sippy cup of formula, and then a bottle of formula at night before bed. If your baby doesn't like the bottle, just give her the sippy, there's no harm in it.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 10:56 PM on May. 11, 2009

• sneak some formula into her baby food...
    Anonymous

• My son is almost 9 months and gets everything out of a sippy cup except for night feedings and no it's not confusing him at all he has no problem I would try a sippy cup and see what she does and if it doesnt work try the baby food.. just see how she reacts
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:20 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i give mine a stage 3 food and juice in a sippy at lunch then bout 30-60 min later give a 4-6 oz bottle for a nap
    LBAKER032307

Answer by LBAKER032307 at 6:23 PM on May. 12, 2009