What activities can you plan for a little girl's 1st Bithday?

I am planning my Daughter Ava's 1st Birthday and am not sure what to do? I know the theme and place but since she's only turning 1 and her little baby friends are around the same age with the oldest being 2, I am not sure how to keep them occupied?? I am doing a slide show of her 1st year and having kid friendly food for the little ones and grown up food for us but what else can I do? I am known for going all out for everything but feel like it's a little boring. HELP!!!

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 9:42 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• at that age theres really no planned activities that will keep them entertained. if you are doing it at home or somewhere you can just put out some of her toys than that will be fine with the little ones. if not, you can go to the dollar store get some crayons and coloring books and let the kids color a bit while the grown ups are watching the slide show.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• only a handful of people were at my sons party (relatives and a few mutual friends). the kids ranged in age from 7 m/o to 10 (5 kids total). it took place at my house. if my son got overwhelmed or tired his bedroom was right there! the kids kept busy with my sons toys and playing with each other, and for the older kids I had a bubble machine in the backyard. I had no idea they would be so entertained by the bubbles!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I should have added in there somewhere that I have a phobia about other babies playing with my Daughter's toys. Since she is always putting them in her mouth and so are they, I like to keep her toys seperate and not a free for all. But a bubble machine would be good.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 11:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I got a pony for my DD's 1st bday. She was on that pony the whole time and would cry if it stopped, but some kids are different and get freaked out by it. They do have bubble lawn mower at toys r us that spits out the bubbles while you push it.
    chela17

Answer by chela17 at 11:42 AM on May. 12, 2009

• We just had a great party for our son's 1st birthday. Like you, most of the other kids at the party were around his age. So we didn't do any activities for the kids.. I did have little stuffed bunnies for each child which they LOVED. We just decorated like crazy so the pictures would look great, stuffed our guests full of good food, and watched the little ones play with each other.
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 2:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My daughters first birthday (july 7) we did it in the backyard and set up a baby pool. I have no idea where you live or when it is but it kept the kiddles occupied for a short period of time. Bubble blowers are awesome at giving the kids something to do, Just turn them on and the kids will play with them. Balls and stuff for them to chase. Its imposssible to find one thing that will interest them all.. your only hope is lots of toys lol
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 5:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The whole fear of germs on the toys... uh...i would say no matter what you do you are gonna have this problem. My daughter teethed early so by 7 months I had stopped her from putting things in her mouth, she was the only one year old i know who would play with moneys put them in her pocket or piggy bank and never once in her mouth. I was so glad i broke that habit early.
    I really dont know the age is hard.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 9:11 PM on May. 12, 2009