Is it terrible 2's or just terrible in general?

My daughter is 2 going on 3 in July. She is an angel for everyone but ME! She just doesnt listen. I have tried timeouts, taking things away, spanking, but NOTHING seems to work with her. Please help I am gonna have gray hair by 30!

goose23

Asked by goose23 at 9:44 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its the twos and the threes and all toddlers in general. mines the same way and its just b/c she knows that you are mommy so you will love her no matter how badly she misbehaves. just put her in her room and go somewhere you can't hear her for 5 mins
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:46 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's the age and the fact that you are Mom. Just keep at what you're doing and be consistent. Did you read The Happiest Toddler on the Block? Worked for me...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My son is 13 mos right now, and he's starting to get so bad, haha. But I think its an attention thing since I've been working and going to school, so whenever I'm around he's NEEDS mommy.

When I was 17 I worked at a pre-school/day care center and I was in 2 B, the older two year olds. They weren't that bad, but the 3 yr olds. Oh man, if I found out I had to sub in that room I was so mad! They got pretty bratty! LOL.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 9:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i like that book the happiest toddler on the block too, it kinda tells you how to speak toddler language so that the child understands you know how she feels and teaches you how to teach the toddler how to express how she feels w/o both of you going nuts.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's just the age or time frame of them learning independence and wanting to learn from their environment but not knowing how to use it properly. I use the go to your room punishment. It severs the visual connection and that seems to bother my daughters more than a physical reprimand. Plus it gives you a second or two to calm down and gather yourself. I agree that she will push you more as you are Mommy and no matter what you have always been there. Grandparents, sitters, even Daddy isn't as 24/7 as Mommy.
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 1:16 AM on May. 12, 2009