i am 14 weeks pregnant and i have been throwing up everything i eat for about 5 days and also been having a migraine does anybody have any remedies?

Asked by mayralovesmoz at 11:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Try not to eat large meals. Just eat several tiny meals throughout the day. Nibbling on crackers throughout the day somewhat helps. I had to find a medium where I would never get too full or too hungry, or it just made it worse.

Answer by jamie8506 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yeah, eat small amounts throughout the day. Lemon drops, watermelon and papaya help ease nausea some. I found that if I had something on my stomach, not too much, it helped me a great deal. I dont know what to do about your migraine except to call your obgyn about that.

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• There is a nerve that runs down the side of your neck, on either side, and if you can find the slightly hollow spot on either side of your spine, right at the base of your skull, you can rub with firm pressure and stimulate that nerve. That will greatly reduce your pain caused by a migraine headache. If you can get someone to rub it for you, while you lie in bed and try to fall asleep, the effect can be quite long lasting. I read about this in an old neurology textbook when I was a kid, and I tried it on my mom and it really worked well.

Answer by TwinmomPlus at 1:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Ginger tea is the only thing that helped my nausea, tea and crackers. : ) Just make sure you keep it warm, it tastes nasty when it gets cold!

Answer by sapient at 1:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I used to keep some biscuits, usually ginger ones, by the bed so as soon as I woke up I ate then a bit of dry toast when I felt I could make it to the kitchen. Bananas are really good too, the potassium stops you feeling sick. And eat little and often.

Answer by MeAndLo at 4:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• preggie pops worked wonders for me. you can get them at any baby store or at a drug store i think. or put ginger in some tea.... obviously non caffinated. and eat crackers before gettin outof bed

Answer by JerzisMommy at 5:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I just tried to eat small amounts of food whenever I could, and stocked up on foods that didn't make me feel sick. Lemon candies helped me out:)

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 11:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• have saltines on ur night soon as u open ur eyes...don't move toooo much....start munching on the crackers...don't drink anything..lay there for a couple minutes, then get's the only thing that got me through...

Answer by dottief13 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My friend was given a pill that would stop the throwing up. You should call your doctor.

Answer by bumpfashion at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2008