Should I file a dispute with Etsy?

I used Alchemy through Etsy to order a custom item. I paid in full up front. The girl asked for 2 weeks to complete the item and ship. I agreed. After two weeks I didn't hear anything from her so I convo'd her and asked how everything was going. She took a few days to reply and said that she had been in the hospital but was better now and would need another week to complete and ship. I agreed. After 9 days I hadn't heard from her so I convo'd her again. She said that she was going to ship the item on Monday (two weeks ago today) and that she would take pics to email me and she would also send the tracking #. Now, two weeks later, again - I haven't heard from her. Haven't gotten a package, email, pictures... nothing. I convo'd her yet again two days ago asking for the tracking # for the package and still haven't heard back.

Should I go ahead and file a report with Etsy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Shopping

• I would threaten to file a report and I would bet that she gets back to you asap.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes, dispute!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't even threaten, I would just go ahead and tell her that you are opening a dispute, then she can take it up with Etsy.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 5:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I would file a report and then let other people know what a crappy person she is so they don't order from her. It's unprofessional.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on May. 13, 2009

• YES!!!
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:45 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would tell her that she has until a certain day to get you a tracking number or you are going to file. If you don't hear back by that day then file.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 4:03 PM on May. 14, 2009