when do babies get their first shots?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• after they are born they are taken to the nursery to be fed (if not breastfeeing) cleaned up, checked out and given their first shot/having blood drawn.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• They recieve the vitamin k shot and the first Hep B shot in the hospital. It is state law in most states that the Vitamin K shot be offered BUT YOU DO NOT have to allow it if you don't want to baby to have it.

The baby begins making their own Vitamin K at 8 days but, please, don't take this as a reason not to do it just because I said.

Do the research and decide what's best for your child. :)
    Anonymous

• depends where you live. Some places they give a Hep B shot right at birth. I won't go into what I think about THAT, but you can probably guess. Otherwise at 2 months. But I delay any shots until 6 months, most until a year, and any live vaccines until at least 2 years.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 10:52 PM on May. 11, 2009