Does anyone have any suggestions for my sons 1st Birthday party for games? His theme is safari?

Jvaldes

Asked by Jvaldes at 9:59 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Games for a 1st b-day party? A theme? You'll want to keep the party short- no more than 1.5 hours, and limit the guest list to just a few family members. Your son is still a baby. He won't even remember his b-day party when he's older. I'm not trying to criticize, but it seems like you're turning what should be a small celebration for a baby into a huge birthday bash.
    Anonymous

• I agree. He won't remember it anyways, so save the big celebrations for when he gets older. Just do a small party with some family, some cake and birthdaysong.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was thinking the same thing about the games as the PP.....are there going to be older children? A 1 year old isn't able to really play games. If the games are for your son and you are doing a theme party then just give him a box turned on it's side to crawl in and toss a stuffed elephant in there or something.

teach_ohio

Answer by teach_ohio at 10:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I did a Thomas and friends "theme", with a thomas bday banner, custom made thomas and friends bday cake, and thats it. everything else was generic solid colors (napkins, plates etc). we offered two fruit platter trays, chips and dip and fruit punch, iced tea and ginger ale. to entertain the few kids who were there (nephews, niece and library playgroup buddy) I had a bubble machine in the backyard and the babies enjoyed playing with my son's toys. we chatted, sang happy bday, opened presents then everyone left! it took place at my house. it was big enough, we have a big backyard and if my son got overwhelmed, his bedroom was right there!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:47 PM on May. 11, 2009

• woopsy...they are MY nephews and niece....they are my SONS cousins LOL wooooah major mistake!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Games? For a 1 year old? hahahahahaaaa. This is your first baby, huh?
    Anonymous

• I don't do party games.... especially at a one year old birthday party.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 10:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree with the other posters -- 1 year olds won't play games and DO keep the party SHORT!!! BUT, in order to make it more of a party for babies:

I went to costco and bought a bulk box of kleenex boxes and then wrapped them in the party's paper (so you could wrap them all in jungle paper). You say "ready, set, Go" and all the babies pull the tissues out of the box as fast as they can. You will have a SERIOUS mess on your hands afterwards, but you're only 1 once. After your living room is flooded with tissues, you can play in them like a giant leaf pile. Our 1 year old loved being buried in tissues and playing in them. That's the closest thing to a game you're gonna be able to do for babies.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 10:55 PM on May. 11, 2009