Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a protective order against my kids father,he has petitioned to have the p.o. set aside -please advice?

He tried to choke me to death 6 months ago -he pleaded to felony domestic battery-has probation-Also,I don't live in that state anymore. I need information about filing a cause to keep the restraining order in place,how do I do this?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • have the file transfered and refile the claim in the state you are in now. and if he so much as sends you a letter take it to your lawyer or the court house and have them file it. because he tried it then what makes you think he wont try it again? you have something to live for.dont let some asshole fuck it up for you.

    Answer by babytexaspink at 12:00 AM on May. 12, 2009

  • I wish I had an answer for you hon. If I were you, i would go out and find myself a lawyer to fight this battle. And quick!

    Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:13 PM on May. 11, 2009

  • left the state so it makes sense. Go and refile in the state you are in now.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

  • I'm pretty sure you refile in the state you're living in now...but I'm not positive. I'd go to the courthouse and ask.

    Answer by metalhealthmama at 11:16 PM on May. 11, 2009