What are the symtoms of having a girl

i was wondering if i was a girl or boy how can i find out

My1stBaby032

Asked by My1stBaby032 at 10:10 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You might be able to find out at a 20 weeks ultrasound. There aren't any different symptoms.
    Anonymous

• do a google search for old wives tales and there will be lots of diff things that come up and little quizzes or tests etc...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:12 PM on May. 11, 2009

• but you won't know for sure til you actually have the baby, (ultrasound techs can be wrong) the old wives tales just make the guessing game a little more fun
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I had a girl and her heartbeat was always above 150 (anything below that is susposed to be a boy) and I always craved really sweet stuff (salty stuff is boy) see what the heartbeat is next time u go to doc if its high i bet its a girl!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• none of the old wives tales worked with me. What ever the doc said during taking the heart beat I had the opposite sex. I always just had an feeling as to what I was having. As for symptoms they were always the same.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:46 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Well I found a site that had a bunch of old wive's tales and with my son it said a 56% he was a boy and with my daughter it said a 52% she was a girl. The heart rate thing was not right for either of my children. I KNEW what I was having though before any ultrasound or any "symptoms" told me. I just knew and I was right. You will not know for sure until that baby is born even the ultrasound can be wrong. My second wouldn't let us look and I had a friend who was told during 3 different ultrasounds by 3 different people she was having a boy and she had a girl!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:43 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Quoting the op: "i was wondering if i was a girl or boy how can i find out" Well you should know by now if YOU are a boy or girl.....lol okay sorry I couldn't resist on the typo. But the symptoms for a boy or girl are exactly the same, you won't know until you have an ultrasound or give birth, sorry!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:26 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Symptoms aren't any different. There's no "girl" symptom or "boy" symptom. There are pregnancy symptoms.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 5:52 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The heartbeat and craving stuff is bogus. My first son's heartbeat was 90% of the time over 150. Today, he's an active child, but definitely NOT a girl. I craved chocolates and cheesecake with both my boys more than salty foods, and they definitely are NOT girls. There are no "symptoms" for having one or the other.
    sweet2all

Answer by sweet2all at 5:55 PM on May. 12, 2009