on may 23rd my husbands cuzin is having a big dance for her 15th b-day my baby will be about 10 days old is it ok 2 take him with all the people and loud music? my husband really wants to go but i feel like a bad mom takin my baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would be more concerned about the music than the amount of people. maybe take different cars, or see if someone who lives close to you can give him a ride home. that way you can leave early if it gets too loud. or if you are ok with it, than he can go alone. my daughter was about 2 weeks old for a new years party the year she was born, we went early to hang out and see everyone but when it got later and the music etc started i left (it was his work friends) and he got a ride home that way he could still have fun and party but she wasn't exposed to the really loud noises, and i really didn't mind either way as to whether i went or not, but since it was his work friends, he wanted me to go say hi at least and to show off the baby. so i didn't mind leaving early
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:15 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My FIL's bday is about 2 weeks after I'm due and I have NO intention of taking my child with me to his party. I've had 3 friends who in the past year took their newborns (under 6 weeks old) out to a group function only to have them ALL come down with RSV. So I say absolutely not, but that's just my opinion.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I personally wouldn't mind the people, but the loud music would concern me.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:32 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't take my brand new baby to a loud, crowded, noisy event like that. I'd just stay home unless MAYBE my mom could watch my child. But at only 10 days both you and baby should be home resting.
    teach_ohio

Answer by teach_ohio at 10:33 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would go. I have 4 children and all were taken out from the beginning. My last baby was 4 days old and I took her to my Grandma's bd at a restaurant.

mommyflynn5

Answer by mommyflynn5 at 10:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would not go...you don't need all of those people breathing on her and touching her...way too many germs in my opinion...there will be plenty more times that you can take her out and it goes by fast so just keep her safe for now. in my opinion.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• When my son was 4 days old I was back out in the world doing what I was normally doing, shopping, hanging out with my friends, and my son has not once been sick from being around a lot of people. I even took him to the nursing home that I used to work at, and the hospital that my MIL works at, and He never got even a cough. I wouldn't be concerned about the people, but the music. Maybe if it isn't too loud you can take your baby, it just depends on the setting I guess.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 10:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would go, stay until I felt I had to leave. But, that's just me.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 10:51 PM on May. 11, 2009