Are you truly Happy in your Marriage?

I am somewhat. Married 15 years. The only thing I crave is more physical Love. I like affection and don't get it. I give Hugs and Kisses all the time. It would be nice to receive it too.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 10:14 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Love goes beyond the physical. We all know this. Just because you husband doesn't give you physical love, doesn't mean that he doesn't love you. My SO is nine years my senior. He no longer has the "drive" anymore. But I don't takes this personally, because I know that he appreciates my efforts in what I do. I know because he asks me of my activities and gives me suggestions. He appreciates my efforts in seeing me and my efforts grow. This is how I know. Eventually, he gives me hugs of appreciation because he takes my actions as a compliment to him.
    I don't know your situation. But what I can suggest is give your husband a morning hug, and then let him come to you. PS. always tell him that you love him!!!

Take care and wish you the best!
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I am! :)
    Its perfect I mean we do have our days who doesn't?

:)
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 10:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I for the most part am. Sometimes I get frustrated because DH is gone alot and it feels like I am a single mom sometimes but he is gone for a good reason and it is temporary...(he is in school for his PhD 3 years onto a 5 year program) We have been together for 10 years and married for a little over 5 of them. When I am unhappy it's not about my marriage. I am unhappy about my weight and about not being able to have anymore kids.
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 10:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's important to know there isn't perfection. Of course I tell myself that! I love my husband. Is it like my first love when I was 16 and flipped, would do anything kind of love? No. I spy on other men and think what would it be like but ultimately, I do love hubby of 11 years and know he is the one, the choice I made and will stick with.
    Anonymous

• Have you talked to him about this? Communication is every bit as important as physical love...he can't read your mind, so if you don't tell him exactly what's bothering you, how is he going to know? He might not realize you need more affection.
    Some men are just not affectionate by nature...some are willing to learn how to be, and some (like my stupid ex) are just incompetent and stupid, not to mention selfish....
    I guess I would talk with him and let him know how you feel...before you really start to resent him....hope this helps!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:02 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes, I am.
    Sure, we have our ups and downs, but that is what relationships are all about.
    No matter what happens we still love each other and that's all that matters.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:24 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I am married thirty. I am truly happy in the marriage. The physical thing steps back once you go through menopause, which makes sense, your body can't make babies so it doesn't want to have sex. What steps in more is companionship. It is all good!
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 7:08 AM on May. 12, 2009

• been with mine 15 years. it has been a roller caoster of a ride. but makes you stronger. And yes some days i want to ring his neck.
    pen

Answer by pen at 7:35 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I am truly happy in my marriage we've been married for 3 years together for 5 I know thats not a long time to some of you ladies but considering he was my first real boyfriend. I knew i was gonna marry him the first time i met him.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 7:54 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I cant get married cause there are a bunch of ignorant bigots who complain and sue the state/government cause they say my getting married would ruin THIER morals, THIER religion and they feel they have the right to decide who can get married and who cant. but when I can legally get married I'll let ya know how it is then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on May. 12, 2009