I think my husband is jealous....

Have you ever had a better paying job than your husband? I just got that job I interviewed for and it pays more than his. He said he was jealous! WTH, he's supposed to gain from this and be able to be SAHD and go to college while I work!

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 10:22 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i haven't but i'm sure for him its the whole "me man me kill bear" kind of thing. even though he may not be that kinda guy normally, that is still something that most guys feel they have to do, provide for their families,and the fact that you make more than him now is a little weird for him. he'll be ok though
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• This was the plan though! If I made more we could pay off more bills plus I just got my BA in December. I have a crap load of student loans. He said he wanted to stay with the kids and pick them up from school and whatnot and take like 7 classes...now he's butthurt LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:25 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I worked full time when my husband was in school. He had his moments where he would get that way but I would just tell him, go do your schooling and when you get out you can swap me. When going to school there is a lot more to worry about than which spouse makes more money.
    Anonymous

• ya its probably just the initial shock of it all. i'm sure he'll get past it and be ok, and realize that its better for you guys anyway for you to make more money, besides if he is going to school, i'm assuming he doesn't have a degree, where as you do, so either way you were more likely to find a higher paying job than what he had before. he'll be ok though. when we had our daughter and i stopped working, even though i made alot less than hubby when i did work, i felt like wow, now i do nothing to contribute, even though i take care of our kid all day. and that was the agreement so it was still a hard adjustment to make
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It could just be that the amount of sutff he now has to do finally hit him. Going to school and taking care of kids is hard work (as I'm sure you know) He may have finally realized how much work he has ahead of him. Or he could just be being a brat.Either way he'll get over it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• id LOOVE to be able to give my husband that:( he a lucky man! congrats on your job btw!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:10 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Thanks!! I just think it's silly because we did plan that I'd go first, and then him. Mainly because he was supposed to go and never filled out the applications. So I filled it out for myself...4.5 years later my degree.

Unfortunately since I've been unemployed for the past 4 weeks he was getting some complex like I should be doing all the chores. ok whatever dude! I guess we're a little competitive, we're both pretty smart and like to challenge the other.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:07 AM on May. 12, 2009

• BTW he has his hs diploma but has been working in graphic design for almost 8 years now. He has that behind him, so that's almost just about as having a degree in that.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:08 AM on May. 12, 2009