Has anyone told you they were molested or know of anyone in your family that has said they were but no one believes them or you don't believe them?

If so why not? My mom still doesn't believe that her brother molested me when i was 7yrs old. I didn't tell her till I was 13 and hadn't seen him since he molested me. Why would she think I lie? Why would anyone else NOT believe!!! Ignorance is not an excuse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• The same thing happened to me I told my mom and she did nothing. She just acted like I told her nothing. I just couldn't believe her. I was five and didn't tell her til twelve. When I saw him again he like why are you scared of me like he didn't know. I am grown now. She just hangs out with him and his wife like everything is happy. Maybe are moms are in denial or something. I am sorry you had to go throw with that.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 10:37 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Some parents can't wrap their brains around a awful thing happening to their child so they just ignore it or disbelieve it.

I had a uncle that molested 7 of my cousins. I haven't seen those cousins since they was little and this all came out, but my uncle was always welcomed to the family reunions with open arms even though everyone knew what he had done. I asked my dad about it when I was younger and he always said "We are a family that forgives". I still believe some things are unforgivable.
    Anonymous

• OP here. Hell akmam, at least I don't have to deal w the uncle like you do. I haven't seen him since. I don't know if my mom talks to him or not. she real secretive. Sorry you still have to deal w him
    Anonymous

• yep..my mum believed my but brushed it aside like it was nothing..so it kept going on and on.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 10:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think they think if they actually believe it then it was their fault because they put you in harms way and they're not able to handle that. That's not saying it's right. Some people don't know what to do about it. Imagine having kids and one is molesting the other... it'd be so hard because you love both children and you don't want your child to be put in jail or juvinile hall or anything, yet you want to protect the other child from them. I didn't understand that till I was a Mom myself and asked myself those questions. As far as my brother... he'd never be allowed near my children if I even suspected, and if one of my children told me he did it, I'd be filing charges on him I think. I want my kids to know I'll fight with and for them. I'm sorry your Mom doesn't feel this way. Anywhere they were, I'd not be once I heard that.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:44 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'm not sure if my mom believes me about the touches from my ex-step dad either. I think it may be hard for our moms to face the facts.. because then they have to admit they didn't protect us and that someone they love hurt us. know what I mean? it's easier for them to hide from the pain then face it.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was molested by a neighbor, no one believed me either.

Anonymous

• It is so sad that no one believed you! This is why these things continue to happen. I'm so sorry about your stories. And "a family that forgives"? How about a family that protects the innocence of their children? I forgive you, now stay away from our children forever!
    mamawilson112

Answer by mamawilson112 at 11:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was raped when I was 15 & told noone because I was scared of what would happen. He raped me again when I was 16 & the last time I was 17, but noone knew anything. My fiancee'(day before birthday) saw my journal & asked if he could read I said yeah sure, but didn't think about it. To him it explained so much....why I freaked out with hands around neck and so many other things. He told me I needed to tell my mom, dad, and sister.On my 18th I told them what had happened. It's so bad if Alan wouldn't have raped me I would have been able to give my virginity to Chris. Alan and Chris are the only ones that i have been with. If Alan wouldn't of forced sex on me I could have given my love what I wanted to share with him. I had a dream that I could say to my child I lost my virginity to your father, but I am really upset that I cannot say that. I wish March 2005 hadn't happened. I did nothing to lead him on nor did i deserve it.
    heathertilton08

Answer by heathertilton08 at 12:01 AM on May. 12, 2009

• That is exactly what happened to me when I was fifteen but I did not tell anyone because he said He was going to kill me.He was my mother sisters husband brother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 12, 2009