Not eatting.

My daughter is usually a really good eatter...like eating 4 or 5 times a day. If not more. But today she has only eating 3 times...and it has been fore maybe five minutes at a time. She is breast feeding and getting no other sorce of food. Should I call her doctor!??!

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 10:34 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son does that. They told me as long as he doesn't have a fever and has normal wet diapers, nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

• how old is she?
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• She is four months old.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 10:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• if she is peeing at least 5 WET diapers a day I wouldnt worry about it but if not I"d put her to breast every 3 hours... drink a little more water maybe you ate something thats bothering her taste buds increase your water intake to dilute it out
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• oh ok 4 months... you should have a great supply by now if she has 5 wet diapers a day I wouldnt worry about it at all she's getting all she needs in those 3 feeds... if not 5 wets a day I"d encourage her to nurse more often but at 4 months 3- 5 times a day will be sufficient for her
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• as long as the diapers are ok and she has no other symptoms, such as fever, diareahha, ect...she is fine mama.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:47 PM on May. 11, 2009

• At four months it could be teething. Maybe get some hylands teething tabs and try those? Keep offering. It will pass.

Oh, also you could try nursing her in a dark quiet room.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:51 AM on May. 12, 2009

• my son is 10 weeks old and every once in a while he just has no interest in the breast when it's time for him to eat. My ped said that as long as he's peeing and eating at least 3-5 times a day there is nothing to worry about. But if I were you I would call the baby's doc and ask them. All babies are different.
    crazedaffe

Answer by crazedaffe at 1:18 PM on May. 12, 2009