tanning bed????

Do they really affect your electric bill a whole lot i mean if its just me once a week 20 mins??? or is my dh just paranoid? and where to buy a nice used one??? any experience with bad ones or good ones??

theycallmemomie

Asked by theycallmemomie at 10:40 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Shopping

• Ask your local tanning salon. Don't know that I'd trust a used one.

honestly, though? Tanning beds are SOOO bad for you. (Yeah, I know...you don't wanna hear it.)

The melanoma rate among young women has skyrocketed in the past few years due to tanning beds. If you want that glow, get it from a lotion. It's cheaper, safer and you don't have to lie in something that resembles a coffin.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You know you will be at a higher risk for skin cancer if you buy one and keep it at home. Because you will use it more often! Oh mom, dont do this!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yeah I think they cost a bundle just getting one. but you might be really careful using it. My aunt got skin cancer by using a tanning bed'and she only used twice a week for 30 minutes.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Good question I would like to have one at our new home.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:59 AM on May. 13, 2009

• If you only do it during the few months before going to a vacation it should not be too bad. Actually the pros are that it relieves depression. A friend of mine had a college final and researched for evidence. If done on a sporadic time period it gets rid of anxiety and depression . She got an A+ on her paper. Usually skin cancer is hereditary. But use common sense . Don't go overboard and if you are light skin hello that is the first warning sign. I would rather go tanning 3 months before I go down to Florida for two months for the summer than burning my butt off and having a high fever because I have to stay away from a tanning bed. My doctor told me to do that and wow I don't burn anymore. Some lotions cause allergic reactions. Thanks to a sun tan lotion called Copperstone Sport my son had a severe skin reaction requiring medication. So beware. On both sides of the fence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 13, 2009