Rephrase to previous concert question......

Just to make everything clear.... We are going to a concert this weekend. We have balcony seats, it's a NO smoking venue, (I called and asked) , it's indoors and I was wondering about taking my 9 month old in a sling with top of the line headphones for noise...is this a bad thing?? It's an REO/Styx concert.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Of course every one is going to say 'no.' But I have to agree with those who are for it. You are going to be up and away from the big crowd. Just check your exits and make sure that if baby decided it's too overwhelming you high tail it out of there. I would also make sure that the carrier I was using was one that baby can be turned around to snuggle me if s/he becomes startled by some thing. I just got back from an outdoor concert and my son was fine.

Plus it's REO/STYX!!! What baby doesn't love them? lol
    crazedaffe

Answer by crazedaffe at 1:11 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i personally wouldnt do it ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:56 PM on May. 11, 2009

• This is a bad idea in general. It is very bad to take infants in slings/body carriers to crowded venues. It is because of the crush/smother factor. If the crowd gets rowdy or spooked and starts pushing you can try to push away people, but usually the baby is crushed. Sometimes to death. Please look it up online. The presidential inauguration was a venue where people were specifically told NOT to wear babies due to that specific hazard. If you don't think this is an issue, I would still worry about the noise. Is there anyone who can babysit?
    BTW: I am jealous of you going. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:56 PM on May. 11, 2009

• there will always be those who sneak a smoke, maybe even a toke. my son hasnt been to any concerts or festivals yet, but since indoor events can get really loud and hot, I will stick with outdoor events only. what time does the concert start and end? if your son gets tired and cranky, he'll have a hard time falling asleep. I'd get a babysitter.
    Anonymous

• OP here...she has never been away from me since she was born and freaks out if she's with anyone other than my family and my sis and my mom are going with and my dad won't change diapers and doesn't really know anything about babies....I don't know/trust anyone to babysit, but I don't not want to go...it was a Mother's day gift to me and my mom from my sis...
    Anonymous

• Just to young don't do it. I have seen babies in concerts, they get frightend the noise is always to loud.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:07 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't do it.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:10 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think it is a personal decision and what one person may not be comfortable with someone else might feel that it is fine.I also think that it depends on what kind of music it is. We always took our little ones to sports events football and baseball and they can get really loud, they always slept through it. I think that it is totally a personal decision and if you think that it will be safe and are taking precautions to take care of your little ones ears and there is no risk of injury than why not.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:15 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would never take my 9 month old to a concert like that. In fact I wouldn't even take a little kid. Way too many drunk people. What if some drunk person bumps into you and hurts the baby or accidently spills beer all over him? It's a ROCK concert!!
    Anonymous

• Homestly, as long as the headphones drown out the sound....I don't see why not. You'll be in seats, not among the crowd. I took my sons to outdoor concerts when they were infants (before headphones and non-smoking venues) and they all are just fine now.
    Anonymous