How to help reduce scarring from stitches?

my almost 6 year old son last month was tryong to race me to the door because his babysitter was knocking.Long story short he fell and hit the coffeetabe and had to get 3 stitches.I feel so bad because he notices the scar.I think It bothers him a little.I've been using mederma also vitamin e cream.Any other suggestions.Also has any of your kids have stitches? How long does it take for it to be a thin scar.Sorry for all the questions This is his first time really getting hurt.I'm just trying to get good ideas.Thanks in advance.

devonie03

Asked by devonie03 at 10:58 PM on May. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you are doing everything that can be done.. don't worry about it because it will fade as he grows.
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 5:30 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It will be pink and eventually fade. I would be a reminder of what happens when you run in the house. Poor lil guy. You can use neosporin on it. That will make it fade some but not where it won't be noticeable. It will always be noticeable till he gets a bit older.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:21 AM on May. 12, 2009