Hubby might have a bladder infection...if he gets rid of it can we still try for a baby?

My husband came to me today and said that he thinks he might have a bladder infection. He doesn't want to go to the doctor..men! But he is willing to try and get rid of it "naturally". We were planning on trying for a baby at the end of the month, but with him thinking he might have a bladder infection (or UTI), I'm wondering if it's harmful to try for a baby? I wouldn't think so, but I just don't know. And if he does go to the doctor and get on antibiotics would that have an effect on trying for a baby? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i don't think it would have any effect on the baby making, assuming he feels "up to it" and an antibiotic shouldn't affect his sperm. i would just think he wouldn't be in the mood, UTIs and bladder infections sure don't feel good! i had one once (bladder infection) and when i peed i had to stand in the bathtub and scream while i went. UTIs aren't quite as bad but still, not pleasant at all
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I hope you're right about it not effecting the sperm! I just want us both to be as healthy as we can be :) Hopefully he'll feel better by the end of the month! He seems to be in some pain but not too much...hopefully it's a mild case of either a UTI or bladder infection. Thanks a lot!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It would be best if you are both at the peak of health and he is off antibiotics. Why start a pregnancy with those worries? Doesn't it seem odd that you will be going to the doctor each month, experiencing all the changes to your body and going through labor and delivery and he can't go and pee in a cup and get proper care to treat his problem before you try to conceive? Who's the weaker sex?
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 1:57 AM on May. 12, 2009

• As long as there's no damage to the vas deferens, no problem. But he really should get it checked. What seems like a bladder infection CAN be something else. Having been through bladder cance with my dad twice, I don't play around with anything.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:11 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Thanks for the laugh Mommyghee...men definitely are the weaker sex! I talked to hubby about it tonight and we might just wait a little longer...we want to both be nice and healthy :) Hopefully it's not something more serious...if it gets a lot worst I guess I'll just "make" him go lol! Thanks everyone :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on May. 12, 2009