DH might have a bladder infection...how does that effect baby making?

My husband came to me today and said that he thinks he might have a bladder infection. He doesn't want to go to the doctor..men! But he is willing to try and get rid of it "naturally". We were planning on trying for a baby at the end of the month, but with him thinking he might have a bladder infection (or UTI), I'm wondering if it's harmful to try for a baby? I wouldn't think so, but I just don't know. And if he does go to the doctor and get on antibiotics would that have an effect on trying for a baby? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• well he certainly won't be in the mood but it won't affect the sperm or hurt the baby. Tell him to drink lots of cranberry juice but if it's a real infection he might need to go. He only has to pee in a cup. It's not like they are going to touch him down there!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yeah my concern was if it will effect his sperm! I don't know what it is with men and going to the doctor! Hopefully it goes away with at home treatments, but we'll see. Thanks so much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 12, 2009