How many times have you had a Christian approach you with the good news?

If you are a non-Christian how many times has someone tried to get you to learn about God and convince you to change your ways or beliefs or lack of both? Please include family members and friends. No names just numbers unless you want to share. Please no bashing. God bless.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 11:08 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Not so much anymore...but when it happens I just smile and thank them for their concern. They are just doing what they think is right. It is when they are mean about it that I bite back.
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 3:50 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I was into God for five years of my life and I never noticed a difference in how well my life was before or after I was into God! to answer your question, To many times. My mother anytime I talk to her she tells me I should come back to church. Which is why I avoid talking to her at all cost. I don't want to be preached to. I just want to say hi I love you mom, talk to you later.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:14 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Well, one time in college particularly sticks out. I had the flu and finals. I looked and felt awful and I was staggering back to my dorm. This random stranger comes up to me, blocks my way and says you look like you need to be saved. Honestly, I gave him the stink eye and kept walking.

Other then that, no one really.

BTW, not sure where my spirituality lies at the moment, but felt like sharing...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:15 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Before I moved to Alabama about 5yrs ago I had never had anyone do that. However here in AL the Christians are picky and have it in their minds that because I am LDS I am a devil worshiper, leading to them trying to "share Jesus" with me all the time. It has happened more times than I can count. They are always shocked when they find out I believe in God and Jesus and read the Bible too lol
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:25 PM on May. 11, 2009

• More times than I care to count. I generally just respond with "I'm all set for a religion, thank you." If they give me crap I'll hand it right back to them but if they remain polite I will too.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Too many times while I was still a Christian. 6 different Public School teachers, 5 school chums, 8 co-workers, 18 different sects of street preachers, 5 social workers, 7 door knockers that wouldn't take no for an answer, 38 different Chick tracts collected, too many religious mailings to count, notes on my windshield, front door, random library books, and many many more. That's just off the top of my head.

But now that I wear a pentagram, have a pentagram wreath on my front door, and moved to a different city, I've had, 6 co-workers, 4 door knockers, 3 random strangers in the street, and numerous glares in my direction but it's worst when I take my sister and her bf out as they are a inter-racial couple as we REALLY get the evil eye then.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• As to family, I'd have to count my dad. But I rarely speak to him and he doesn't know that I'm Pagan, just that I don't believe anymore. Frankly I don't care what he has to say. That bastard has no words of any worth for me.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was raised in a family that's half JW half Devout Roman Catholic... I've been proud to say I was a witch since I was 6... I can't count that high...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• since age six?? man I was scared of witches at that age! ( sorry I had to comment .. thats shocking.. ) I learned something new today... 6 yr old witches?!
    No wait I shouldnt be suprised since I have heard 6 yr old preach and pray for people.. happens all the time in Iris Ministries in Mozombique there there are serious witch doctors and many of them get saved too.

I am sorry to the gal who was approached the way you were approached when you were sick. That was not loving.. for me I would have helped you to your room and ask if you just wanted prayer . Thats it.

To the gal who wears a pentagram... pentagrams do not scare me because I know I am covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ. I am sorry people freak out when they see those things and interaccial relations too. Realise not all Christians walk in the Power of His Love and Grace nor do they know who they are in Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:01 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I am Christian yet JW and Mormons seem to want to share the good news with me on my door step often. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 12, 2009