So I have a design/decorating question. I can paint or wallpaer. I've never done wallpaper but I'm seriously considering it. Is it pretty easy to clean and install?

wallpaper

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 11:13 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i dont like wall paper its a pain to take off if you want a CHANGE
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 11:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• and its a pain to put up with the glue. some of it is easier to clean, but i would lean more towards paint. that way too, if/when you want to change things up a bit you don't have to change the walls as well if you don't want to.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:28 PM on May. 11, 2009

• wallpaper is also a pain because if you get something with a design, you have to be very careful to put it on straight, or it'll be totally obvious if its even slightly crooked. maybe you could paint the wall and put on a wallpaper trim :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Wallpaper is a pain in the ass. It is hard to get up and make it look even and smooth and even harder to take down. Wallpaper is also not really in style anymore and tends to looked dated really quickly. When I was out looking for a house I wouldn't even consider the ones with wallpaper everywhere because it would be too much work for me to take it all down. I think I would stick with paint if I was you and if you absolutely want to use wallpaper, do what llansky said and just do a trim.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:01 AM on May. 12, 2009

• These days you can paint in such a creative fashion that it can even look like wallpeper. Back in the 90's I thought wallpaper was the greatest thing......try taking it off! UGH!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:10 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I would never ever do wallpaper...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It is hard if you have a pattern on it. You have to calculate the inches on the wall and the pattern. Start in a back corner so when you finish, the pattern not might match up. It's a PAIN to take off too. I would paint, then you can change it whenever you like. ( you may want to read alot of DIY on wal-paper before you attemp it. It's not easy.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:55 PM on May. 16, 2009