Is 10 months too young to let a child "cry it out"?

I don't think so,but someone sadi that it was.I just want to hear others opinion on this.i did it at that age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope i don't believe so. i did it with my daughter too
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 11:22 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My son is now 10, i have always allowed him to cry it out - but at the same time support depending on the reason of the crying - whether it be sympathy or temper tantrum. I believe that if its a temper tantrum, assisting to calming himself down is essential for maturing and learning for future temper tantrums and learning how to properly deal with the anger instead of just allowing him to go wild with anger not understanding it. - hope that makes sense

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:28 PM on May. 11, 2009

• 10 months old :( Thats so mean...
    Anonymous

• depends why he is crying and how long you let him cry
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• No it is not mean...I did it with my DD.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:37 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Say it is bedtime, you have changed his/her diaper, fed him/her a bottle, comforted/rocked him/her, the baby is sleeping in your arms, you put the baby down it cries...I would let my DD at that age cry it out. I knew all of her needs were met therefore I did not feel bad about it. She would never cry longer than 5-10 minutes though.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:39 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think she's old enough -
    She's old enough for you to know her personality for example. You know if she will fight sleep if you stay in the room or come back to check on her. You know if she will throw an extreme fit if you leave her alone.
    There are several version of "cry it out" so you can pick the one that seems the best match for her personality and yours.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:33 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Any age is too young. Its abusive and lazy parenting! That's right LAZY! God forbid u comfort your baby. How inconvenient and horrible!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:44 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i did the cry it out method, my dds only 4 mos. she sleeps through the night, straight 8 hours!!! has since she was 2 mos old. and she is extremely happy. THE ONLY time she cries period is if shes wet or hungry or if there is a string somewhere cutting off circulation i didnt know. otherwise she is ALWAYS smiling. always laughing, and i dont have to rock her to sleep, she knows her schedule now and she knows when its bed time, its actually funny, if i dont put her down into the bed at that time of night she gets crabby as soon as i put her down shes out like a light.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 12, 2009

• and ya know what to callies mommie? we arent trying to raise our children to be children for there whole life, some of us are trying to raise independent strong individuals. leaders not followers. and everyone has there own opinion. and just because you are using the cry it out method DOES NOT mean you are ignoring your child. i didnt if there was something wrong id pick her up and comfort her, but if not id stand there and talk to her for a few minutes and calm her down then walk away and shed go to sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 12, 2009