Why the sudden change?

I started my son on solid foods about 3 weeks ago. The first two weeks were great. But the last couple days he's stopped eating them so well. He doesn't open his mouth like he was before. It's difficult now and he wont eat very much. Why the sudden change? Has this happened to you?

Tickledtrauma

Asked by Tickledtrauma at 11:25 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Children's tastes tend to change more frequently than ours (babies have more taste buds you know). Also, unlike adults, young children only eat when they are hungry. If he his otherwise healthy, the case may simply be that your son is not in a major growth period, and therefore his body is telling him he does not need to eat as much.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 12:52 AM on May. 12, 2009

• How old is he
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 11:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• almost 5 months
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:27 PM on May. 11, 2009

• you mean solid foods as in what you eat or as in baby solid food
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 11:30 PM on May. 11, 2009

• baby solid foods. The ped told me to try twice a day. He was liking it better at bed time but now he's not opening his mouth as much. It's a total pain? Did you ever struggle to get your baby to eat like that? I won't force it, but I just wonder why he's not liking it the way he was a week ago.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Are you feeding him rice or veggies or fruit? Some babies prefer one over the other. My son does the same thing if i try to give him something he dont like such as green beans or if he is too tired. I would try earlier in the day maybe by bed time he is to tired to try to eat. GOOD LUCK
    mommyof3nluvnit

Answer by mommyof3nluvnit at 12:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• my daughter was liked that find out what he likes and just put them both on the same spoon say green beans and sweet potatos he dont like green beans but green beans first then a little bit of the sweet potatos it'll make him more willing to eat it!
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 12:43 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Is he constipated?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 12, 2009