Did you know that The Pageant paid for a Ms. CA's boob job?

Ms. California, Carrie Prejean, got breast implants paid for by the Ms. California Pageant six weeks before the Ms. USA contest.

When pageant directors were prepping her for the USA crown, they decided it would make her feel better about herself, so they paid for the surgery for her.

What message do you think this sets for kids? Should the Pageant and directors get more flack for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes it does send a bad message.... but don't pick on just Miss CA. This is a common practice for a lot of state pageant winners. The reason why this is coming out is because of her answer about gay marriage. Now people are trying to get dirt on her to tear her down and make her less credible.
    I am not saying I agree with boob jobs to win a contest, but if you are gonna call out one you gotta call out them all.
    aprilmommy123

Answer by aprilmommy123 at 11:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Sadly, I think it is a 'perk' of the business!

the whole foundation of these pageants is T&A. why else would the swimsuit round be so important?

yes, a terrible message to our young girls! We need to start teaching girls that we are all made differently and just as beautiful! confidence starts within and at home!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:39 PM on May. 11, 2009

• All pageants are a bad example for our children. If they paid for a boob job it's just more of the same.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:53 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's not just pageants. Many guys think they are throwing dollars at strippers to help their "boob job fund". Even hooter's employers will help you get a boob job. Nice isn't it?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:02 AM on May. 12, 2009

• She is Miss California land of plastic surgery. It is not shocking and sends no message. The pageant only released this to embarrass Ms Prejean. Who cares if she had a boob job many women get them. I am getting one pretty soon after I have a mastectomy. If you don't like them don't get one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh boo hoo, someone got a free boob job. Of course people have to hate on that.....petty petty women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 12, 2009

• So what ? The whole thing is a foolish media hyped circus and I fail to understand how the flaunting of her body by a nobody and her irrelevant utterances attract so much attention. She may have had nose jobs, boob jobs and heaven knows what else, all I can say is that anyone who takes this nonsense seriously needs a brain job.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes it bothers me. Yes it sends the wrong message. Honestly, what I found MORE disturbing was the fact that they admitted that some of the girls use chicken cutlets in their swim suits and dresses etc. That is just BIZARRE. Using raw chicken in your clothes because you are THAT insecure?? REALLY??? LoL

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 4:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't care. You know, when I look at all of the young highly publicized girls, this just doesn't seem to be much of a departure. It seems typical which is why I don't want my kids to emulate any young famous person. Ms. California included. I want them to be individual. If my DD decides one day she wants to do pageants, then I suppose I would let her. But while she is still young, I want her to be young for as long as possible.

Surgery is a personal choice. I don't get it (although, the more time gravity has it's hold on me I am getting there :o), but it's a personal thing. I don't know why we feel so cozy talking about another woman's fake boobs. Do we really care about it that much?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Almost all the peagentees have 'em, and send a message of women as sex objects - not a good message.

Though I wish people would stop picking on Carrie specifically, she's no worse than the rest of them, only she dared to say something not politically correct.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 12, 2009