Camping anyone?

So, as the weather gets warmer, we're planning our first camping trip ever! With our son (11months) and our 2 dogs.
We have everything ready, tent, sleeping bags, coolers, etc, etc.
We pretty much know what to bring for our dogs... not so much for our child. lol.
I found this awesome tent think - a PeaPod - not sure if anyone has heard of them? But then I started wondering... will it fit in our tent? Should we buy a new tent? It's a four-man tent... is it even big enough? I was looking at the dimensions when it's open, and I still don't know.
Also...PeaPod Plus? Or no?

If not a PeaPod, does anyone have something else they can recommend? I would like his own "space."
And any toys they recommend? Fun tips?

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 11:41 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bug spray!! I dont have one that old, so Im not sure about anything else...
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Sun screen, warm and cold weather clothes. Extra socks just in case. Ive never heard of the peapod so i cant help there. Dont forget baby food if he is still wating that, extra snacks, bottles or cups if he uses either. I would take what ever toys he likes to play with at home. Balls are always fun. If your going by water dont forget baby life vest. I have so many ideas but dont know how many you want. HAVE FUN!!!
    mommyof3nluvnit

Answer by mommyof3nluvnit at 12:46 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Me and my hubby bought a tent at Wal-Mart, similar to this one http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8136422 that was a 10 man tent. My 5 month olds playpen fit in it! It even had 2 closets, one with a mesh " shelf" that you could put stuff on, and the other had a bar where you could hang clothes. It was the best investment we ever made. Completely big enough!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 1:33 AM on May. 12, 2009

• How fun! Our little guy has been camping twice (first trip at 3 months, second trip at 6 months) and we had a great time. We took our 3 dogs too (big ones!). Anyway for the little guy, we had plenty of clothes for warm and cold temps.. it was summer but we were in the mountains so it was pretty chilly at night. We had sunscreen and bug spray (check that it's ok for babies), lots of diapers, and a few big jugs of water from home for mixing formula. For sleeping, we used our 4-person tent and the Eddie Bauer infant travel bed for our baby. He slept like a log in it! It folds up flat when not in use and we loved it. We bought it at Target for $30 (it's on their website). Check the dimensions first.. I don't think my son would have fit well into it at 11 months though.

Good luck and have fun! Take lots of pictures :)
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 2:31 AM on May. 12, 2009