Emotions and Sex

I keep hearing over and over how sex is SOOO emotional... And that after the first time you will feel like you're atached...

Am I the only one that thinks that horse pucky?? Sex is no more emotional than dinner with my girlfriends. It's just fun. Sure it's a rush, but so is a rollercoaster... But you don't see after school specials about how you shouldn't ride a coaster til you're sure this is the one you want to ride forever...

Is it really that emotional for other women... Am I strange?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:01 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You have been desensitized by today's society. That is why it has no meaning for you.
    Of course sex isn't emotionaly EVERY time, but yes it does have a lot of special meaning. ESPECIALLY if you have only had sex with people you truly love. Otherwise sex, like you said, becomes meaningless and less enjoyable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Nope, you're not strange. I feel the same way. Sex doesn't and shouldn't equal love. Those who think it does can end up, and often do end up with some major emotional problems because of it. Even the emotional glow of being in love isn't love. It's an hormonal high that doesn't last and will fade and if you're expecting that to be what love is, you've been set up for disappointment.

Sex is different from "making love." It's because making love requires more from both partners to induce that emotional hormonal high. That being so, every time me and my hubby knock turtles, it isn't love making. Many times it's just sex. And that's fine.

I think all the focus on woman being this emotional creature is a cultural leftovers of a patriarchal society. When woman were woman and men were men. That we were these wimpy weepy creatures than needed protection from all of life's little hurts.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:25 AM on May. 12, 2009

• When you think your sex is worth the wait for that special man sex is more than just fun. It is fun and emotional. I waited to have sex with my husband. I was 22 when we got married. Sex now is a whole lot more enjoyable now than when we first started out 12 years ago!(hmm maybe it is because we don't have to worry about pregancy). But nevertheless, it sounds like you have given yourself away to so many men you know longer find meaing in such a beautiful,spiritual, and emotional act.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It is emotional. It gives you a stronger emotional and physical connection with your spouse. It's not horse pucky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Actually, studies show that women are more likely to correlate emotion with sex, and to develop emotional attachments to their sexual partners. That doesn't mean that they are not capable of having and enjoying casual sex. it just has to do with evolution and Oxytocin.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 1:25 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I believe sex can (and should) be fun and it can be emotional and not at the same time, there should be times when you just want to because it feels good and other times because you need to connect, I don't think sex is just physical, for me there are times that afterward I just cry, not sad crying but like I was moved in more then just a physical way, there's times I feel I want to merge with him not just sexually but truly be part of him, to be one. sometimes it's like renewing your bond and others it's just having fun together....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:29 AM on May. 12, 2009

• actually it is emotional.. because your senses around the person you end up in bed with sort of bipass certain parts of the brain, to another.. which is keyed to emotions. lol, sorry I feel asleep, but they had a special on TLC about it.. and it is emotional.. you can probably see if they have a repeat of it on.. it was pretty interesting, but it was on late, and I was up early yesterday and running around because it was Mothers Day.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:37 AM on May. 12, 2009

• but.. .that doesn't mean that you have to have any emotional attachments after it's done and over with.. .lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/science-of-sex-appeal/

here is a link to the show.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:51 AM on May. 12, 2009

• itis emotional and yes there are attachments more than people realise. Won't go there :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:20 AM on May. 12, 2009