My ears have been feeling like they are plugged for weeks....???

For weeks now I have been feeling like I am in a tunnel. I was treated for an ear infection three weeks ago and I still have had no relief. I have been treating it like allergies but why am i not getting any relief?

thetrivetts

Asked by thetrivetts at 12:03 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• Try taking Mucinex, it is a nasal decongestant. I have problems with my Eustachian tubes and it feels like they are blocked and I can't hear well...like what you are describing.
    I take two twice a day for 4-5 days. Make sure you drink plenty of water because it will cause dehydration if you don't.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:14 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It is possible you might have a build-up of earwax. My mom was feeling the same thing...just that she couldn't hear as well and her ears were really bothering her. So she went to have her ears candled and it worked! She had like 3 inches of solid earwax in her ear that they removed! There is also over the counter drops you can put in your ears to help remove some earwax. I don't know if this is what is going on with you here but it wouldn't hurt to try.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:10 AM on May. 12, 2009

• When this happens to me, I get a prescrip of RhinoCort from the doc and it opens up the ears.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:33 AM on May. 12, 2009

• it might be ear wax or an inner ear infection
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 1:48 AM on May. 12, 2009