Why does Elizabeth Edwards blame the mistress for husband's discretion?

Why do women always blame the other woman when it was their husband who cheated? Especially if their husband pursued the woman as evidence of his sneeking around to see the kid in some hotel. I'm not giving the mistress a free pass by any means, I'm just saying, instead of blaming the woman, maybe she should focus on her relationship and making it stronger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• maybe she should focus on her relationship and making it stronger.
    ______________________________
    Or maybe focus on dumping his ass! lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:10 AM on May. 12, 2009

• So she can take some of the blame off of him so she can stand to be in the same room as him. The other woman made her bed and I don't feel sorry for her. Elizabeth Edwards is going to die from cancer in the not so distant future. She is trying to hold on to her family and the man she has loved for so many years. He does not deserve her love or forgiveness. The other woman is irrelevant if it had not been that skank it would have been some other skank looking to hook up with a powerful man. They are a dime a dozen. This skank got pregnant and if this is his child the hurt will be even deeper.

The other skank and John "the Skank" Edwards are total trash for doing this to a dying woman. It takes a very low woman and low man to do this. I hope they both rot in hell when all is said and done. For now I hope they respect Elizabeth Edwards and stay away from each other. They are both pigs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Well...honestly women have to "accept" the indiscretions of their men if their men are leaders of any kind. Look at Clinton. She wouldn't have gotten as far as she has if she had kicked Bill's ass to the curb. I think she stayed because she knew he was her meal ticket into politics.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:25 AM on May. 12, 2009

• How do you know she doesn't blame her husband? The mistress played a part and she has every right to be angry with her. She doesn't have to forgive her, but to stay with her husband she has to forgive him.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 12:54 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Whoa... wait... John Edwards, the psychic? Cause that would be too F-ing funny!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:19 AM on May. 12, 2009

• No. Not John Edwards the Psychic. John Edwards the politician and former presidential candidate. He also apparently has a baby with the mistress.. although I'm sure if that's been confirmed. But apparently the child looks a lot like him.

I think she blames the other woman because it's easier to believe that a stranger is at fault rather than believe that someone you trusted would do this to you. She's dying.. she doesn't have the energy to fight anymore.. perhaps it's just easier to pretend it doesn't exist. He's going to end up with her anyways, might as well continue with the charade right up until the very end. Perhaps she's afraid of dying alone.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 4:48 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Because being cheated on hurts really bad, and it's hard to understand how a woman could want any part in causing another woman that kind of pain.

It's separate and apart from the relationship with the husband. I'm sure there's been a lot of anger and blame there. But if John Edwards has apologized, asked for forgiveness and tried to make things right with his wife, then she is doing the right thing by not bashing him in the press. Somehow, I highly doubt that the other woman has apologized to Elizabeth Edwards.
    imcold

Answer by imcold at 8:10 AM on May. 12, 2009

• lmao.... "Whoa... wait... John Edwards, the psychic? Cause that would be too F-ing funny! " Funny. The psychic pops into my head every single time I hear the name!! lol

I have no sympathy for someone who is going to stick around for something like that. Of course she's going to blame the mistress!! btw, I have very much sympathy for her illness. He is just like most other men and she needs to get a clue and leave him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I doubt if she finds him blameless. But the difference is, if you want to continue with the relationship you have to let go of the anger towards the spouse or else it will never work. If the anger is still inside you, it has to have somewhere to go.

Plus, like it or not, men's biological make up makes them more impulsive, sexual creatures. I am in NO WAY shape or form excusing cheating. But I think realistically we expect more out of women because we tend to be more caring and nurturing (in general) than men.
    almostcrazee

Answer by almostcrazee at 8:41 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Who knows what sort of deserved hell she puts him through in their private life? I hope she gives it to him good. Sometimes you just have to be pragmatic, and I really have to doubt that she completely forgives her husband. If she is terminally ill, she is probably doing what will be easiest for her and her children to keep things together. I would hate to be in her shoes, having to prioritize her life to make sure she spends the rest of it to her fullest (although, I guess I don't have to be terminally ill to do that).

As for the other woman, I can understand her blaming her. What sort of woman preys on another woman's husband? She KNEW he was married, that should have taken him off the table. It was a selfish skanky thing of her to do. While Edwards has free will, so did the other woman. Both of their character is lacking severely. I really hope Elizabeth is able to make the peace she needs.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:18 AM on May. 12, 2009