Have you ever met anyone famous?

If so, who? Where? When?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:09 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, Margaret Thatcher at a Wives Tea Camp Pendleton March of 1991. She was very gracious and spoke to every woman there for at least a few minutes. She even asked to see pictures of our children.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:12 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Aww, that is so cool GrnEyed!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:15 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Lol not that it's anything too special or exciting, but I met Clay Aiken. It was probably 4 years ago now or so and I sang/performed on stage with him and my play/acting group.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:25 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Hey, at least you can say you sand with Clay Aiken right?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• oops, Sang! lol, I have met a few has beens when I worked at LAX, like Ralph Mouth from Happy Days, The mom from Everybody Hates Chris back when she was on Martin (she was a biotch) Alfonso something (the guy who played Will Smiths cousin on Fresh Prince, Wil Shriner (comedian) Adam Sandler (before he was really famous he used to park and ride at LAX) but I did go to a CHP celebration and met and took pics with Erik Estrada, he is soooo nice and personable.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:44 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My mom has friends who are folk singers in Woodstock (THE woodstock.) So, I've met a bunch of people like John Sebastian (who mil babysat waaay back when) John Gorka and Richie Havens. I think I was the most star struck w/Richie Havens. He was so nice and kind to a silly young girl.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:52 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I met Pavarotti when I was a little kid. My family were vendors at mountain man rendezvous and we were doing one in Utah the same time he was performing there. He stopped by to see what it was all about. I was with my uncle when we met him. My mom was asleep in our tent and completely missed it. He was her favorite singer EVER! It wasn't until years later she found out we met him and she didn't. She still regrets napping that day.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:20 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I've had a few encounters here and there. Met Clint Eastwood when I was a young journalist in Monterey, right after he'd been elected mayor of Carmel. Christiane Amanpour a few years ago at a conference. Juliet Huddy of "Mike and Juliet" used to be one of my reporters, waaaaay back when at the TV station her dad owned.

Most recently, Gov. Schwarzenegger, during an appearance in my area.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:04 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Judge Joe Brown in Norfolk, VA, back in 2004 I think it was.
    Marion Wright-Edelman in Washington, DC, in 1996 if I remember correctly.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:18 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh, and Stephen King back in the early 80's when he did a book signing for Cujo. I was in High School then when I met him.
    PrydferthMenyw