have any of you ever had a umbilical hernia surgey with a mesh?

does it hurt after the surgery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My hernia was lower but they put surgical mesh in there. It only hurt when I got pregnant, which was two years after I had the hernia repaired.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:28 AM on May. 12, 2009

• dayija...Why did it hurt when u got pregnant 2 yrs later? was it cause of the mesh and the baby forming?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 12, 2009

• did that make your belly flatter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I have not had one but my mom did she had a hernia the size of a large grapefruit and she was in pain for about 2 weeks after having hers done. No it has not flattened her belly, it helped but did not completely flatten it. It almost looks like she just had a baby even though she had her last one over 13 years ago. Hope this helps a little.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:04 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I meant to check back on your answer but I got side tracked. So sorry. I was told that it hurt because the muscles around it were stretching. Sometimes my son would kick right in that area and it drove me crazy. LOL There was nothing I could do. It was like a sharp pain but it wasn't unbearable, just annoying. It went away a few weeks after I had my son though.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 6:02 PM on May. 13, 2009