I need to lose at least 100lbs

I need to lose weight and I need a some advice on a diet that is not going to be to hard for me to stay with.I like to eat but when I do I feel lowsy.Being heavy sucks it hurts so bad when I walk.

MsTeagle

Asked by MsTeagle at 12:39 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• what you need to do is cut out as much processed foods as possible. they are entirely empty calories. try to buy more whole foods, like fruits and vegetables, meats, eggs, etc. don't buy frozen dinners or canned soups, have you ever looked at the nutritional facts on those things? scares the hell out of me :) don't drink soda or even juices, they are full of sugars. drink tons of water. write out a meal plan, and try to create 4-5 smaller meals per day. if you eat really large meals, it will stretch your stomach and you'll constantly feel hungry, but if you eat smaller meals more often, your stomach will go back to its original size and will be better at digesting foods. oh, also go to a health food store and ask about how to do a colon cleanse, it will help empty out your bowels (which can hold a surprising amount of 'dead weight') and will allow your body to better absorb nutrients. exercise regularly, start out with (cont)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:44 AM on May. 12, 2009

• something simple, like taking the kids for a walk to the park, go up and down the stairs a few times. swimming is a great exercise because its very easy on the joints. keep healthy snacks available, like carrot sticks, or celery and peanut butter, or whatever. not chips or crackers or other empty calories :) try and find some support people, someone else who needs to work on getting into shape as well, so you can motivate each other. go through your cabinets and fridge and get rid of all your junk food. make your lunches for work (or if you are out and about) so you aren't tempted to go through a drive through. umm... thats all i can think of. you can do it! good for you for wanting to get into better shape :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:46 AM on May. 12, 2009

• For weight loss that large you should first of all consult your physician and make sure you don't have any blood pressure or blood pressure or cartiac issues. Important to know before you start excersising.

Then I woudl HIGHLY suggest joining a program like weight watchers (the points is pretty good though make your own food don't buy theirs) and/or Curves which has a great cardio exercise program and at some locations also includes diet programs as well. The suport will help as well the advice.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 1:29 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Exercise, exercise, exercise.....eat less
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I have been following the South Beach meal plan for a month to help lower my blood sugars (I am diabetic). My doctor whole-heartedly approved it for me AND IT'S WORKING! It is NOT a fad diet, it is designed to help you find a healthy way to eat while it also helps get rid of unwanted fat, gets your blood chemistry to a healthy level, and you don't feel hungry while you're on it! Nothing special to buy, just good healthy veggies (not starchy ones), proteins and, after the initial phase, good sources of carbs. I've lost 8 pounds so far (many people lose more in the initial phase) and my blood sugars have dropped from an average of 270 to around 140. I feel great and have LOTS of energy! I never want to go back to eating the way I used to!

I'd strongly recommend checking "The South Beach Diet" book from your local library. It's worth the read. My book has meal plans and recipes included to make it easy!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:54 AM on May. 12, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, and really hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits and veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Now, eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Add beans, lentils, and tofu to your diet. Feel free to ask me any questions. You can also go to your local library and take out any book by Dr. McDougall; there is also a free meal plan with recipes on his website: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I am in the process of losing 100 lbs as well. I tell you what has worked for me so far.. For starters, join a gym or find a work out buddy. Or Curves is great to, if you have one.. Go at least 4 times a week.. They say 3, but i saw nothing with 3.. I actually go once a day during the week, and then on the weekends I play alot with my stepson.. REALLY watch what you eat! Nothing fried.. Everything baked makes a big different. and once you do it for awhile, you actually like it.. If you eat salads, thats GREAT, if not.. Learn.. HAHA... I HATED salads. but I bought the stuff and told myself, it's healthy, IM GOING to eat it, and now I do! haha.. Cut out cokes, Diet Dr Pepper is AWESOME if you like that.. and diet MT DEW is really good as well! And your supposed to drive like 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, and thats what i'm struggling with. Just gotta make sure your all in it, and that takes some time! Hope it goes well!
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 9:10 AM on May. 12, 2009

• PeytonMoms,

The research shows that people who drink diet soda and use articficial sweeteners actually GAIN weight in the long run.

As a rule if a food isn't worth the calories to you as it naturally is you shouldn't be eatting it in the first place.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 9:32 AM on May. 12, 2009

• The research shows that people who drink diet soda and use articficial sweeteners actually GAIN weight in the long run.

This is because people have consumed so much sweet stuff and so many carbs that their bodies are wired to crave this stuff!  Since the sugar/carb addiction isn't being satisfied by artificial sweeteners, people that consume these actually satisfy the sugar/carb craving by eating more carbs! 

When I first started my lower carb meal plan my body went through a very rough couple of days with the shakes, sweats and headaches....it CRAVED the carbs!  Now I can easily walk past bread, rice, sweet stuff and not even want it at all. 

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:19 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Given the amount of weight that you have stated you need to lose, I highly recommend seeing a Doctor first, and maybe a Nutritionist.
    Anonymous