• In the Spotlight:

Im Praying For them... Is That Odd??

So my car got broken into today.... my purse was in there, my spare car keys were in there... my sisters backpack and purse were in there... and yet, all they took was what i hold dearest to my heart....
They took my cell phone (2 day old phone worth 230..No biggy)
They took My Devotional Journal
They took my copy of The Purpose Driven Life-40 Days of Purpose...
and they took My BIBLE...-this drives me crazy cause ive had it since my first christmas... it was a gift from my grandma...had my name engraved in it and it was precious moments and i never go anywhere without it....
and it just doesnt make sense why theyd take that and not my purse and money??
I was mad at first...then i thought about it...and i been praying for them.That they be blessed,&That they be forgiven,nd that they come to know God...That they READ what they stole...and Learn...and Grow...and they are going to become an everyday prayer for me..am i odd?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 12:54 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe who took it needed it more than you did. They could have taken any number of material things but they took the word of God.

We pray for others because we hope that one day, in our strongest hour of need, someone-it doesn't matter who it is--will stop what they are doing and pray for us.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:03 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You are showing true spirituality and maturity.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 12:56 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Sorry for the loss but you're reaction is noble. Good for you.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:57 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree with mommiejay. You are doing what God would have you do. Read Matthew 5 and Luke 6 :-)

In addition to the words of Jesus in Matthew and Luke telling us how to deal with those that wrong us, I believe that your prayer is theraputic for you. You can't hold on to your anger forever. God tells us that we must forgive. Praying to him to ask him help you to forgive is key. I believe in Predestination and that there is a reason those particular items (namely the book and the Bible) were stolen from your car. It seems that a theif that would take them would need them more than you, although it may be hard for you to accept.

I too am currently praying for someone that I don't really know who wronged me. It's hard to forgive them, especially when it is an ignorant stranger but I know it is required of me.

Keep up the good work!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:02 AM on May. 12, 2009

• maybe they needed the bible worse than they needed the money. Ask God to loose an angel and bring it back when the theives are done reading what they need to hear from it. Bless them, too so you will be blessed

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 AM on May. 12, 2009

• not at all that is what we are suppose to do. I too find it so odd they only took the biblical things. Maybe their intentions were other and when they were going through your purse it hit them? Sorry for the precious things you have lost, maybe God will help them find it's way back into your life someway.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:04 AM on May. 12, 2009

• no i dont think your odd well wait in this world any more it is hard to find someone like you but i think it is great that you can forgive a person for doing this to you !! good for you and keep praying and maybe you will get your bible back one day when you least expect it !!!! pray for your house not to get broken into next also!!!
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 1:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I saw the people when i was on my way back to my car... and i made a police report... but the people that were there had guns too.....
    they coulda shot us or worse. we were out numbered... 5 of them... 2 girls 3 guys....
    i left a note on their car telling them im praying for them, and that i hope they read it, and telling them what church i go to, and an invite... and blessed them....
    i just hope they get something from it....
    hope my bible can impact their lives somehow.... the way it has mine...
    there is power in its words....
    ...... just hard to let it go... my bible was my best friend... :) kinda weird i know...
    but it was my treasure....
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:28 AM on May. 12, 2009

• well, it could be a number of things.. perhaps the person was in need of one and didn't have any other way to get it..
    or (and I really hate to say this, because I'm not a Christian, and I would hate for someone to do wrong to another human being for this reason)... but perhaps they did it because they seriously dislike Christians..

but showing forgiveness for the crime that happened.. regardless of your religion.. shows a great deal of character on your part.... sorry to hear about your car and your bible and phone, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:44 AM on May. 12, 2009

• nope not odd.. did the same thing when they stole out of my car my ipod and my cds... all christian music... cracks me up! I prayed for them too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:21 AM on May. 12, 2009