What worked for you - infomercials

Have you tried the new hip-hop type dance exercise programs? What about "The Firm - Wave" - the rocker type thing? They look like fun and I just have a hard time believing how much and how fast people claim they lose the weight.

napamom27

Asked by napamom27 at 1:08 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I was a ballroom instructor for a year and I lost a lot of fat and got such a great body from it. It is so much fun to do ballroom like the Cha-Cha and Rumba...great for you and hubby and kids too!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• the reason many infomercials can claim such dramatic results is because those that got those results stuck to a STRICT diet and exercised probably 5x a week for more than 60 minutes. SO you can get the same results, it will just take discipline from yourself. good luck!
    if you need more help, I am certified as a personal trainer and am taking a few more online clients...also, with the economy I feel it fair to give you a free month for every referral from you I get that also becomes a member...message me for more details :)
    momyov2

Answer by momyov2 at 1:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Infomercials...........oh how they can suck you in to their products. I am a great example of this. I have 2 of the Firm workout programs (when they first came out, not the Wave system), Turbo Jam, 10 minute trainer and Chalene Extreme. I love the Firm workouts. I have used this program twice when I was trying to lose weight (with some great success by the way). I am a picky eater so I would really watch what I eat, cut out all soda and non-essential sugar (candy, cookies, cakes, etc). At one point I went from 163 to 145 lbs. (Sadly in the last year I have gained it back - I tend to lose motivation.) I am now using the Chalene Extreme program (weight lifting). I am 6 weeks in to the 12+ week program and I LOVE it!!!! While I am not seeing weight loss results on the scale, I can tell I am losing inches because of the way my clothes fit. I hope you find something that works for you.
    Anonymous