What is the best book you've read?

Just curious to see what your favorite book/novel is. I love to read but have been on a stand still for sitting down and reading a good book lately.

LilacnRoses

Asked by LilacnRoses at 1:34 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• I love This Much I Know Is True by Wally Lamb. I also love pretty much anything by David Baldacci. Jodi Picoult is a great writer. I loooove to read so I have a lot of favorite books.
    CandA_Mama

Answer by CandA_Mama at 1:36 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I personally like books that are written by V.C. Andrews... like flowers in the attic series or the series that Im reading now is celeste... its good! These books are nearly 400 pages each and I can blast through one in two nights.... thats how good they are!!!! What are some books that you like? What type of books do you like?
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I LOVE " Scribbler of dreams" By Mary E Pearson. It's an amazing read!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 1:43 AM on May. 12, 2009

• War Without Mercy or Day One
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:47 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh, wow, so many. "The Lord of The Rings" has long been my favorite...I re-read it about once a year and have done so since I was 13. I find new things every time.

I liked "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons." History is one of my things.

"The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant still resonates with me, though it's been years since I read it.

"Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer is probably my favorite non-fiction book, and I'm going to be digging up my copy for a re-read since this is Everest season. He wrote a very gripping account of the 1996 climbing season in which so many people died.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 AM on May. 12, 2009

• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 3:18 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My favorite is Season of Passage by Christopher Pike.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:55 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and of course the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers.
    amy7243

Answer by amy7243 at 12:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. If you are new to Austen's works I would start with Pride and Prejudice. Sense and Sensibility can be a little confusing at first. I also love Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. If youwant something a little more contemporary. I like Nora Roberts Born in Fire, Born in Ice, Born in Shame trilogy that is set in Ireland. I usually do not like Romance books but this focuses on three strong women.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 12:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Don Quixote by Cervantes. I also like Sharyn McCrumb's NC mountain folk series. I don't care for her mysteries though.
    shrinkydink68

Answer by shrinkydink68 at 3:26 PM on May. 12, 2009