Do you cover your boob while breastfeeding in public?

I want to not use a cover but I am scared of someone saying something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Practice in front of a mirror. You see less than you do when you'[re wearing a low-cut top.

It may make you decide to pare down your wardrobe of low-cut tops. **grin**

I didn't cover. No one EVER said a word to me. But I also am secure enough to look people dead in the eye and mentally challenge them to say something. Most people won't.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:01 AM on May. 12, 2009

• it's up to you but I would cover a bit...I don't know, society just doesnt' seem ready for even breastfeeding naked boobs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Nope I never did...but I was also discreet and didn't just flash it around like it was a trophy.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:54 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I had a great baby carrier where I could nurse when my daughter was in it and you never would have known.

Other wise I didn't typically worry unless people were really close to me (like on the bus).
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 1:59 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I am discreet. I cover myself mostly when I am around people I know that might be offended by it. When it's too hot, I don't cover myself. I'm not smothering my child just because some people can't handle not seeing a breast as a non-sexual object for 5 minutes so a child can eat. If they don't like it, they can put a blanket over THEIR heads.

Even if you do BF in public, if someone is going to say something, they're going to say it. Whether or not you cover up. The law protects you: http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/breast50.htm#i
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:00 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Why is this question here every night?
    I will breastfeed whenever and whereever I want. (Course, I am not nursing a baby right now, but, but, but, if I was....I would!)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:03 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I prefer to breastfeed in the privacy of my home but if I cant then I cover up in a public place...In my personal opinion its trashy to have your boobs hanging out for everyone to see whether your feeding or not...At the very least if your baby hates to be covered then pull your blouse as far down as possible & keep your bra covering the bottom so basically the nipple is all thats exposed & its in babys mouth! LOL I think its common courtesy to others as well
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 2:03 AM on May. 12, 2009

• The only time I will cover myself, is when I'm in the presence of my SOs little brother, my little sisters/brother, or a man that I am uncomfortable to be around. Only because our siblings will be grossed out and there are men that I prefer not look at my boobs because they make me uncomfortable when I am around them. Anyone else can suck it up and see my boob or don't look at all. I won't be disrespectful to others and whip my boob out and have it hanging around for the world to see but if my child is hungry and I'm in public I will latch her on and let her eat whether people are looking or not.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:08 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I bought a nursing cover when I was pregnant and used to only a few times. My son is older and doesn't like covering his face so he ends up flashing my boobies. LOL I wear nursing shirts or I lift up my shirt with my nursing bra....why hide? Boobs are for the guys to get the babies so they can eat. If someone doesn't like it they can look away. I don't sit in public topless! I don't do that at rock concerts either.
    timsmom507

Answer by timsmom507 at 2:10 AM on May. 12, 2009

• *I* wouldn't want to eat under a blanket, so I was pretty sure my baby didn't either. At the same time, I am large breastfed and didn't want to draw attention. I found that if I layer with a maternity tank and a regular t-shirt, I can breastfeed easily and maintain the coverage that I want so that ME AND THE BABY are comfortable. It is not about anyone else, their opinions do NOT matter.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 2:13 AM on May. 12, 2009