What would you do

If you had all the passwords to your ex's Facebook and email accounts? We have been together for 7 years and just recently broke up a few months ago. When we were together I always forgot what his passwords were to his accounts because sometimes he would ask me to check his emails. I just happend to do a very lucky guess on his Facebook page and somehow remembered his passwords to his email accounts too. I have not checked his email in a few months, but I was really tempted to change all his passwords and deactivate his facebook account but something stopped me. I guess I didn't want karma to come back and haunt me. But I did find out that a few weeks before we broke up that he was emailing females trying to set up dates with them. Also it would only give me a min of satifaction and I really don't want to stoop to childish behavior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• If you broke up with the guy... let it be! dont worry your self over yesterdays drama!!! Yesterday was yesterday... what good would it do for you? You will either get mad or you wont... then what? Exactly!!! Let it be!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Unless you want to be one of those Psycho ex-girlfriends don't do anything and stop thinking like that, it's a little disturbing. Poor guy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I would take the high road and not do anything. Or, if you're afraid that you might be tempted to do something, I would send him an email that says that you were going through some papers and found his passwords, and since you all aren't together anymore, he might want to do some "housekeeping" and change his passwords...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:30 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Let it go. Don't do anything stupid.
    Contact him and tell him to change his passwords as you don't feel comfortable having them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Let him go. I know it's hard and you want to get back at him but just let it be. Don't waste your energy on him or his antics. Too bad you were in the relationship so long with him. I never had a relationship that long so I am sure it's hard but I think you are better off to leave him alone, don't bother with him or his passwords and take care of yourself now. I am sorry you had to go through this.

I do not think you sound like a psycho ex-girlfriend, just hurt but you are better off without him and I ESPECIALLY do not think he's a "poor guy..."

Best of luck to you always.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on May. 12, 2009

• If you still have any contact with him, you might mention to him that he needs to change them. If you don't talk to hm, then just forget that you know them and move forward.
    I can understand you being angry after finding out that he'd been talking to other women, but now, see the other side... how lucky you are that you're not married to him with children and he'll be someone else's cheating nightmare soon.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:06 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i know it's tempting but i wouldn't do anything.
    that_one_chick

Answer by that_one_chick at 8:47 AM on May. 12, 2009

• IMO- you should just forget the passwords. Don't do anything to his accounts (that can come back and bite you in the backside). Be the bigger person and just walk away.....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:53 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The fact that you would waste your time on someone who obviously doesn't want to be with you is sad. Let it go and move on with your life. The best revenge is your own happiness without him.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:21 PM on May. 12, 2009