• In the Spotlight:

what kinds of vitamins a toddler should be takeing daily?

hi my son is 18 months old, just was wandering should i be giveing him vitamins in his daily life just to help his imunsystem???

babydorian2007

Asked by babydorian2007 at 3:12 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My doctor says to give a multivitamin with iron....I haven't found a good one. Right now I'm giving Enfamil vitamin drops but there is no iron.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:39 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree with above.. my doctor suggested ENFAMIL's "POLY*VI*SOL" with iron.. it's in a purple box, and Walgreens sells them for about $11.00..
    cincodemayomom

Answer by cincodemayomom at 3:49 AM on May. 12, 2009

• thank you so much both helped!
    babydorian2007

Answer by babydorian2007 at 4:07 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Our doctor says they don't need one if they're getting a balanced diet. He's not had us start giving one yet.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:20 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It's true that people don't need vitamins if they are eating a balanced diet, but who really eats a balanced diet ?
    I would suggest Flintstone's vitamins, and they are even great for adults. :)
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 6:03 AM on May. 12, 2009

• summerdayz, it's very easy to eat a balanced diet. I agree that there is no need for vitamins if you provide a balanced diet for your kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on May. 12, 2009

• our doctor recommended poly-vi-sol for iron and vitamin d. last year, the aap doubled the recommended daily dose of vitamin D for children to 400 IUs. It would be difficult for a child to get that much without a supplement. For example, milk is a great source of vitamin D, but you'd have to drink 32 oz of it a day to get 400 IUs.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 10:09 AM on May. 12, 2009